Theocracy @ The Masquerade March 12, 2010

prometheus7

Graphic Artist
Dec 16, 2006
www.deathisgain.com
Anybody from the Atlanta surrounding area going to this concert? I'm thinking about it. From the Masquerades website, it looks like they will be on the bill with "Deathloch(CD Release), Reverse Negative, Throat Punch, Theocracy, Painbody, & Cataleptic Burial" in the "Heaven" room. After listening to a lot of these bands, it's like that old game "which one of these don't belong". They are hoping to get support, so the Masquerade will bring them back.

Also in the "Hell" room on the same night will be "The Chariot, Greeley Estates, Inhale/Exhale, Memphis May Fire, The Color Morale"

Hm... I gotta show this to my Dad. Not so sure because he doesn't like traveling to Atlanta a lot.

I beg to differ! I haven't seen Theocracy anywhere near Croatia, which is a country largely populated by Roman Catholics, around 90%, and we love Jesus quite a lot. I asked the most popular club to book Theocracy on their tour, got no response.

I'm still waiting for that day.

I want them to go to the Athens part of GA. It's easier to get there. OR... just come to greenville please lol.

You got to understand how hard it is to get out. I know they went to Texas, Florida & Illinois for some gigs. But most bands today, just aren't going to get paid enough to go. If there was a festival maybe. Also a lot of promoters are a little sketchy. The bands you see out on tour right now are usually the flavor of the month, young guys with no responsibilities (except to keep the band van running) and will burn out in a few years. The only hot spots for metal are currently in South America and Europe.

Seriously, when was the last time they played a non-GA show in the US? I'm dying to see them live ! :mad: :cry: :cry:

They were in Florida back in November.

Also, remember, Theocracy isn't exactly the most well known band out there, They need gigs to perform at, and fans to attend said gigs.

Also, as for Europe, power metal really isn't all that big here in America, most of the more well known power/prog bands are from overseas. In America, people seem to be fans of the next generic 'puke my vocal chords onto the mike while we mash one chord' variety of music

In America, people seem to be fans of the next generic 'puke my vocal chords onto the mike while we mash one chord' variety of music

So true. lol :headbang: But still... can they go to Athens GA? It is where they are from and it is also so much easier to get to lol. Of course, only a few fans are from around here, but I know a few more.

So true. lol :headbang: But still... can they go to Athens GA? It is where they are from and it is also so much easier to get to lol. Of course, only a few fans are from around here, but I know a few more.

Athens is probably the hardest for them. It is entrenched in being the home of R.E.M and a college town.

Oh, that is true. Awl man. Any concerts that get nearer to my location please tell me.