Theocrapella Deux.... ex machina?

Rob7

New Metal Member
Jul 12, 2014
In the forests of Tennessee
Wishful thinking aloud here... something along the lines of the original with the vocal choruses - perhaps as another bonus track on upcoming album? The Making of a Japanese Bonus Track (Wages of Sin) videos were interesting indeed and the completed chorus at the end of part II would be one possibility; an absolute necessity would have to be the thematic core of the entire "As the World Bleeds" album encapsulated in the title track closing chorus starting at 6:17 Pure Elegant Brilliance.

One question - does anyone know what the software Mr. Smith is using in the aforementioned video for editing / constructing the music? It looks reminiscent of Audacity - but I'm uncertain. I work in IT, and while I have zero musical talent, it would be fun to play with such software. I could create something musically (haha) analogous to a herd of yodeling hyena's on crack :) The wife might ship me out to live under the nearest overpass - but it would still be quite the interesting distraction to experiment with said software...

Thanks for any input, God Bless - Rob

While I can't tell what specific one he is using (note that he's not using Windows) but most DAWs are pretty similar. If you know nothing about that sort of thing, there's a large learning curve so I'd recommend Mixcraft. It's extremely simple and meant for beginners.

In case anyone might be interested... think I may have found the answer here: according to a comment by M. Smith himself on Youtube, the primary app that he uses is apparently called Nuendo. What is really nice (and simultaneously impressive) is that Matt doesn't "Autotune" his voice at all - none of that warbling bird in the microwave stuff - just muti-tracking and editing of his own vocals. Also makes the point that any vocal variances help create that "big" chorus sound Theocracy often uses... fascinating! Anyways, it's always good to learn something about how such talented people bring something from their imagination into the world for the rest of us to appreciate :)

Rob

EDIT: Forgot to add: Thank You for the input Rawshik. I learn software apps very fast (big part of my job) - but in this particular case it would really be just for fun: I can't help but wonder what a (not very good) singers thus constructed chorus might sound like. I could always quickly recover afterwards by listening to some Theocracy :)