Therion at Progpower?

YtseJammer

Mar 22, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
Apparently they'll be playing the US in September.

Jaxx in VA has a show set up on Friday Sept. 16.

Let the speculation begin.

(Oh, and I'm not a fan, so I don't really care..I'm just the messenger)

They are booking dates, apparently as an opener only (according to their website), for the US during/around September.....so it would again be an interesting dilemma for Glenn. Give Therion a long headliner slot at PP to enhance the experience (I can't imagine them 'working' on a tour as a 30-min. opener; their songs are too epic), even while they're touring elsewhere as an opener? Make their Atlanta appearance happen as just part of Progpower (i.e., normal opener-length, 45 min.)?

Either way, I'm there with bells on. The worst-case scenario would be if Therion's date in Atlanta coincided with ProgPower. :eek:

I have had the opportunity to see Therion alive 2 times here in Monterrey, Mexico, first one 2002 and the last one August 2004, and was incredible.

the band have a lot of energy on stage. The last was a long gig with 2:45 hours and played songs only from albums from Lepaca Kliffoth to Lemuria/Siruis B and a couple covers (Iron Fist of Motorhead & Black Funeral of Mercyful Fate)
The orquestal and symphonic parts are with samplers, on stage are only The band, with a Soprano and 2 guys and 2 girls on choirs, but this is enough for a great show. :headbang:

I don't know if they will do ProgPower this brings up the Sonata Arctica dilemma, they will be touring. They just added a date at BB Kings in New York and they have them listed as the headlining band not an opener. They could be pulling an Edguy and by that I mean aside from playing ProgPower they will play select US cities and in Canada but according to Blabbermouth Therion will be embarking on a US tour. I personally would not mind seeing them at ProgPower.