THERION - Forthcoming DVD Package To Contain Six Discs, Details Revealed

caex

May 15, 2004
Hendersonville, NC
THERION founder/frontman Christofer Johnsson has revealed the specifics of the band's forthcoming DVD, Celebrators Of Becoming, via their official website:

"The release date of the coming Therion DVD, Celebrators of Becoming is the 5th of May and it will contain 4 DVD-discs containing video and 2 audio discs.

Disc 1: Live In Mexico City 2004

Disc 2: Therion's own documentary from the last World Tour (North and South America, Europe and Asia)

Disc 3: Various - all video clips, TV performances, The Golden Embrace, a show recorded at Wacken open Air 2000 + more.

Disc 4: Historical disc - a collection of bootleg recordings of songs from 1989-2001 with comments from the band. You will follow the band on the long road from the demo days up til the big success of today. Some of the footage is super rare.

(Each disc has over 2 hours of material)

Disc 5 and 6 is the audio from the Mexico City show.

It will be available in two versions, one luxury digipak version in a slip case and one cheaper version, but both will contain all discs. The idea is that both should have a very reasonable price and be affordable for all fans."

HELLZ yeah.... now this is my kind of DVD package.

Although, regardless of how awesome it is, I tend to watch these DVDs once (maybe twice) and leave it on my shelf for decoration, never to be viewed again.

Still, I keep buying them... just a little less often these days. I passed on the Opeth, and Threshold ones among others.

good grief that is a HUGE dvd boxset!! Any idea on the US$ price?

It wont be to bad price wise....the 3 DVD set for THE CROWN is only 22 bucks at most places I have seen it. I bet it will be around $35...then again I could be wrong. I really cant wait for this disc set. Therion was one of the best live shows I have ever seen. With this to look forward to and the new Elvenking CD coming out soon. This is going to be a great spring...

Therion never fails to deliver quality material at affordable prices. I just love that band! I'm like Michael, I usually only watch dvds once or twice and then they sit on the shelf looking pretty. But I still gotta have them! Especially bands I've not seen live. It gives me a visual for when I'm listening to their cds.

now that I've had time to pick my jaw up off the floor...

I've been waiting for more than two years for this announcement. Cristofer has been hinting around about this DVD since before Lemuria/Sirius B was released. And you're right - Therion never fails to deliver! :worship:

It's the reason they are my favorite heavy metal band. :kickass:

so says the Rider of Theli.

~Hoyt.

the front cover

therion.jpg

rockyracoon said:
Uh, you started the thread, so perhaps it's a tad redundant to state that you will be purchasing this.

Hardly. The purchase price -- since revealed -- could have been too high for it to be an instant purchase for caex.

Did someone pee in your Wheaties this morning?

rockyracoon said:
Uh, you started the thread, so perhaps it's a tad redundant to state that you will be purchasing this.
Not really. I would have made the thread even if I didn't plan on purchasing it, since I know alot of you on here would, so I thought I should post it.