THERION's Christofer Johnsson - "I Have Some Very Important Announcements To Make"; R

I've been following Therion ever since I heard them first, when they released their Lemuria / Sirius B album. They have surprised me with each new release, and I'm sure this one won't be an exception. :devil:

I must say: although I'm pretty active through forums related to the band, and I'm proud to know pretty much their news, this release came to me as a real surprise. Christofer has been even more secretive than usual (and that's a lot to say!). With that announcement, he disclosed some of the reasons, but I'm sure they're some more we still don't know. We'll see... At the moment, I've already pre-ordered the album, and I'm going to the concert in my city, Barcelona, the 5th October.

I'm not sure what it will be like. Different? For sure. Better? Probably but... how? Any thoughts? Any ideas? :guh:

I kind of like the 'super secrecy' about the project and I'm sure it will be a very special release.

Very special cause the first time i will listen to this album, it will be live (during the concert in Eindhoven, where the tour will start). :devil:

I will also be going to Eindhoven.
I am curious if they will open with the new album and how much songs they play.
Cool to be the first in the world to know it :devil:

This is one of the most interesting releases in Metal in quite awhile.A major band (as far as underground metal) releasing their own record without NB getting behind it.Quite a risk,but alot of Metal bands are so predictable and safe ,it is nice to see someone try something different.

I will also be going to Eindhoven.
I am curious if they will open with the new album and how much songs they play.
Cool to be the first in the world to know it :devil:

Have you gone there? How that had been? Which songs? How the new were? Any hint??

I can't wait 'till next Friday!!! :lol:

Oh my... we have the first video of the new album. I won't say my opinion yet... what do you think about it?

I'm still shocked! :lol:

Btw... to anybody who has already been to the concert: how long do the two previous bands play? The opening of the doors are at 18.30, but I'd like to know if I can arrive later than 20h without missing anything, or I must be there right on time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not leaked... it was Nalle who posted it in FB.

And here we have another video, directly from Eindhoven!! Oh yeah!

I've bin there yesterday, and driving in 1 hour to their next concert in Groningen.
The show really was awesome! The support-act not really that good..

Christofer Johnsson himself was selling merchandise stuff, and took some time to chat with fans.
Show was great, although they've had some minor problems with the guitar tuning roady who messed up one time.. No big deal, they just went to the next song (which was Blood of Kingu), and the party continued as usual.

Also a nice addition was the keyboard player! With him on stage they ware able to play songs like 'Land of Canaan' and 'Via Nocturna'.

Now listening to the new album 'Les Fleurs du Mal', and i like it very very much! Very original, and with the Therion sound and feel we all like so much.

Looking forward to the next show tonight! :D

David, I'm really jelous in advance... in advance because I'm going to be there in one week, of course!!

All three videos from the new album are now online:

I've fallen in love with "Mal", though so sad... :cry:

I've been surfing through Internet to watch some of the original songs of the album, as all songs are covers of the French original. I can't wait to see how these songs has been therionized... So different, so "quiet" or "ballads" or whatever... and I'm sure Therion have turned them into something absolutely metal, absolutely symphonic and fantastically Therion.

I need the album NOW!!!! :cry: