These with revalver III?

i'm gonna say this since no one has yet... You'd be dependent on monitors all the time unless you decide to run it in parallel with an amp on stag e in order to hear yourself. I don't know about you guys, but I've played a lot of venues with shitty monitors and such.
Could work out if you bought an in-ear system though... hmm...

Played with Wagner Sharp without Impulses directly into my Engl Poweramp a few times and than into my cab, sounded great.
A feature that would be really nice would be something like:
Poweramp with cabinet on stage if there's no good monitoring and use a signal with impulses directly with the pa, so no impulses for the poweramp/cab and the signal with impulses for the pa.
No extra mics on the stage, less feedback and so on.
But I think for the price of the rack I would just buy a Fractal Audio Axe-Fx but in a few years...who knows?

But having to bring a poweramp and a cab with you kinda defeats the purpose of using an ampsim on stage. If you have to bring all that, why not just bring your tubeamp instead? I have no doubts that revalver III will sound awesome, and I'll be amongst the first to buy it, but I seriously doubt it will be able to sound better than a miced 5150/rectifier etc. The day andy records the new Arch enemy/Nevermore with revalver instead of a real amp I'll eat my words... and my shorts:lol:

Yeah, I totally understand what you mean but I think there are many live situations where amp sims directly into the pa sound better than a mic'd amp because a) you're not able to crank your amp b) bad mics or something like that c) foh guys who are dumb so an amp sim would be very easy.

I know, a poweramp and a cabinet isn't a real difference weight wise and so on and like it said, I would only do it that way if there were bad monitors.
But if you know that the venue has a nice pa and monitors you could just use plugins and use different sounds and you can use these boxes for every instrument and I think it's a nice feature because you're able to set everything up for a great sound and just use it that way everywhere (yeah I know, you can do the same with a pod).

I just like the idea

Yeah I agree it would be cool to bring it along with your regular rig and split your signal so it goes to your amp and to this box which is connected to the PA to save yourself from shitty on stage micing techniques and to guarantee the audience is getting a good guitar sound through the PA... Same idea as DI'ing a bass on stage and still having a bass rig!

Like I said earlier, in ear would probably be the best way to monitor yourself. You wouldn't even need to use the venues soundsystem, just plug into your laptop/vst unit etc. Still, there's nothing like feeling your nuts shake from a 4x12 ;)

Also, if you had this, a multi-FX processor (or maybe you could load a multi-FX VST in the same unit), and a power amp all in a rack, it'd be SO much easier (and lighter, my JSX weighs 54 pounds :mad: ) than carting around a head and a rack for FX/power conditioning

But having to bring a poweramp and a cab with you kinda defeats the purpose of using an ampsim on stage. If you have to bring all that, why not just bring your tubeamp instead? I have no doubts that revalver III will sound awesome, and I'll be amongst the first to buy it, but I seriously doubt it will be able to sound better than a miced 5150/rectifier etc. The day andy records the new Arch enemy/Nevermore with revalver instead of a real amp I'll eat my words... and my shorts:lol:

* The weight difference
* The Size difference
* You use your own miced cab-impulses, with perfect result everytime.
* Better live sound since the FOH doesn't have to consider a 5150 blasting all over the place, f***ing up the PA sound.
* We're talking live. Not album recording with Andy Sneap. If you can afford him, he'll take care of the sound with his amps, so it doesn't matter what you use.

* The weight difference
* The Size difference
* You use your own miced cab-impulses, with perfect result everytime.
* Better live sound since the FOH doesn't have to consider a 5150 blasting all over the place, f***ing up the PA sound.
* We're talking live. Not album recording with Andy Sneap. If you can afford him, he'll take care of the sound with his amps, so it doesn't matter what you use.

To me, the weight difference between a head and a poweramp is negligible, same with size.
I'm not saying it wont work, but I seriously doubt it will sound so much better than the traditional head+cab method that it'll be worth doing. Heck, I doubt it will sound better at all, but if someone tries it out and it works great for them then thats great :)

To me, the weight difference between a head and a poweramp is negligible, same with size.

You gotta be kidding me man! A 2 rack-space tube power amp like a Peavey Classic 50 or Mesa 2:90 is WAY smaller (and easier to manage since it's rackmountable). Or you can save even more weight and go solid-state (like the Hafler G150 MosFET power amp I've got on the way! :headbang: )

EDIT: I should mention that my feelings on this come from the fact that I'd bring my rack even when I play with my head because of my power conditioner and Multi-FX. Otherwise, yeah, the weight of a rack of amplification stuff would be similar to a head by itself.

Them things look pretty neat, but I want some idea of just how much low latency processing they can handle. I can't find anything on the website about the CPU.