They're running out of paprika in Hungary

Rumour has it that they are using a replacement comprised of the following components:

1 tsp coriander
1/2 tbs black pepper
1/4 cayenne pepper
dash oregano
sprinkle of thyme

But it's an inferior substitute. When they serve the goulash to the tourists at Budapestian restaurants in those white tureens, even the dimmest realise that something's not right. The new mixture causes the 'gypsy' (read: Peruvian illegal immigrants) violinists to sneeze, thereby ruining the 'quaint' atmosphere.

When will it end?

When will real paprika hendl be cooked in the kitchens of Debrecen?

Fuck this imposter spice mixture!

Oh yeah, Magus:

"I can't see why people who're only 1.80th or even "less" indian piss off people from the continent (???). Who gives a fuck?"

How would you feel if some twat with 1/80th Magyar blood danced the doddee-doddee dance and swam in Balaton and did the tourist horse-dance-tour on the Hortobagy and took photos in front of Erzbet Batory's house claimed to really be Magyar? You'd be steamed, that's right you would! Your goulash would be thick and lumpy for a week.
The Egri Bikaver would go sour, and the statue of King Steven would fall over on a fake gypsy in Pesth.

:lol: :lol:

That's really nice, gave me a great great laugh *stalks*

Hahahha.

Good luck for him swimming in lake Balaton though :D

In fact, last time I was in Hortobagy, our tourist guide was a German woman (these Germans are everywhere cracking my mind, hehhehe) speaking Hungarian with this funny accent.

This paprika business is sad though, I warned my friend who took some home to beware of it :D Though I guess that was genuine.

Victor Meldrew said:
Rumour has it that they are using a replacement comprised of the following components:

1 tsp coriander
1/2 tbs black pepper
1/4 cayenne pepper
dash oregano
sprinkle of thyme

But it's an inferior substitute. When they serve the goulash to the tourists at Budapestian restaurants in those white tureens, even the dimmest realise that something's not right. The new mixture causes the 'gypsy' (read: Peruvian illegal immigrants) violinists to sneeze, thereby ruining the 'quaint' atmosphere.

When will it end?

When will real paprika hendl be cooked in the kitchens of Debrecen?

Fuck this imposter spice mixture!

Oh yeah, Magus:

"I can't see why people who're only 1.80th or even "less" indian piss off people from the continent (???). Who gives a fuck?"

How would you feel if some twat with 1/80th Magyar blood danced the doddee-doddee dance and swam in Balaton and did the tourist horse-dance-tour on the Hortobagy and took photos in front of Erzbet Batory's house claimed to really be Magyar? You'd be steamed, that's right you would! Your goulash would be thick and lumpy for a week.
The Egri Bikaver would go sour, and the statue of King Steven would fall over on a fake gypsy in Pesth.

you know, thats a really interesting load of shite that :erk:

When will it end?