Thinking about starting up an ebay store

Dalinkwent48@aim.com

Be Creative, Get Laid
Apr 7, 2009
Jersey
I have dealer accounts for a few audio and lighting companies and i was thinking about using my resources and putting together an ebay store...as far as what will and wont sell im gonna have to do some more research on that one but these are the ideas i have so far....feel free to add or subtract from this list.

Audio
--------------------------
Cables
Xlr
Xlr-trs
Trs
Xlr snakes
Nl4
Wireless mics- sennheiser
Power amps (maybe)
Preamps
Di boxes
Monitors
Headphones
----—----------------------
Lighting
-----------------------------
Connector strips
Clamps
Safety cables
Testers
Cable ramp
Dmx cables
Portable dimmers
Wireless control
Projectors
Fixtures (maybe)
Strobes
Moving lights
Console/gaff tape
LEDS
------------------------------
Various tools- soldering irons,screwdrivers, plyers, wire cutters/strippers

Cheers fellas

My sister just did that with DVD's, Blue Rays and so on. She's making some good money but she's also working her ass off.

Cool idea dude! My only suggestions would be to check out something like Auctiva to streamline the checkout process for you, and also, to quote from another thread:

Honestly, as someone who does just as much buying as selling on the 'bay, I would really recommend making it a fixed-price listing rather than an auction - I know when I'm buying I ALWAYS go for the buy-it-now things so I don't have to deal with the bidding war/countdown/sniping/etc. (unless I feel like I can get a seriously good deal on something), and thus I always list all my items as fixed-price (that, and the fact that you can make the duration of a fixed-price listing up to 30 days for no extra charge). And you can choose to enable the "best offer" option (and set price thresholds for automatically accepting or denying offers), but I've kinda shied away from that recently, because people will almost always take advantage of that to try to haggle the balls off you :lol:

And don't forget, you'll lose around 10% of the final value of every sale you make! (3% for paypal, 7$ for ebay end-of-item, and then a few bills for listing/photo/bold/etc. fees)

Thanks for auctiva input thats a great idea...as far as your quote i 100% agree with you on everything you said, i know when im searching on there i tend to shy away from the "auctions" unless its a real eye catching deal. And i already took into account of all the fees and stuff thats definitely something i have to keep in mind while listing all the items. Also what i want to know is what you guys in general search for when your on ebay as far as audio/lighting stuff goes.