Third Eye - New band from Denmark and a hello

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Hi there,

Glenn actually invited me to join this board awhile ago. I didn't realise that the progpower board was part of the ultimatemetal umbrella or had forgotten. However I had also forgotten that I was already a member of ultimatemetal forums from way back too. I just logged in now and it says I was last here sept 2008 so a fair while anyway. I usually post on rival boards trying to make them see the light as far as prog power goes - mostly preaching to a few diehards. Glenn tells me I will be preaching to the converted here. By the way my handle here was supposed to be Firebreather after the Running Wild song but I don't know exactly what happened that itchanged slightly. Anyway here I am. I usually post about new bands I come across but I am sure the regulars here will know most of them anyway. I listen to a wide range of music. I like brutal death as well and soft AOR. Yes I am a bit weird in that I can appreciate anything. I also like modern rock bands. I guess with this board being a prog power forum you guys would be less into the OTT growling stuff hehe.

So finally check out Third Eye. The two songs on myspace sound awesome to me. They feature ex Fate singer from the V album, Per Johansson. I love this guy's voice. He's a full time wailer and may at first be a little whiny but you will soon get to grips with his full on delivery. This album is coming out in May according to what I heard on the radio show I listen to online and it's suposedly out on Escape Music although the band's page and Escape's page don't even list it so I can't be sure. Like I said these two songs seriously rule in my eyes. Very heavy melogressive metal!

http://www.myspace.com/thirdeyeband

Welcome back to the board. It's nice to talk to people who like a lot of the same music. Some of us on the board do in fact like some selective growling in our music :) Thanks for the note about your handle - I got a laugh out of that.

Third Eye sounds pretty good - nice and heavy with some nice variations in the music. Vocals remind me of Jon Oliva. Keep the recs coming!

Yes, some us enjoy listening to anything (Obituary, Redemption, Virgin Steele, Fear Factory) and welcome any new band reccomendations.