This band/album any good?

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
I saw a copy of this album in a local store:

http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=3277

It's a Swedish black metal band called Craft, and the album is Total Soul Rape. I couldn't help laughing at the cliches I could make out from looking at the CD.

For a start, the cover art is an obvious rip off of the classic darkthrone covers, apart from it's wrecked by the red writing - if you're going to go black and white....keep it black and white!

Also, some of the song titles sounded rather generic!

Anyone know them?

High On Maiden said:
Well I like Darkthrone, but do you mean to say it's basically a Darkthrone clone? I don't really have any desire for a band like that.
Not a clone. I meant what I said, pretty much.

i've heard their latest (terror propaganda) and that was one uninteresting album i tell ya, and since (most) bands progress i would not recomend total soul rape.

I think it's good primitive Black Metal, simple, raw and aggressive as it should be.

spaffe said:
i've heard their latest (terror propaganda) and that was one uninteresting album i tell ya, and since (most) bands progress i would not recomend total soul rape.
'cause you have better recommendations for sure :mad: ?

Profano said:
I have both, and Terror ProPAGANda is more original, produced (better then TSR).
I also think so, perhaps due to the fact that 'TSR' is their first album, while 'Terror Propaganda' is their second full length.