This has to be embarassing for Dimmu Borgir....

Pellaz

Tigron of Immanion
Feb 12, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.paulcashman.com
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/12/24/santa.life.reut/index.html

OSLO, Norway (Reuters) -- Santa Claus may live in Iceland -- at least if the efficiency of his helpers is a guide -- in what may help the island's drive to win hearts and tourism from Arctic rivals claiming Santa and his reindeer.
Only Reykjavik replied when Reuters bureaus in all eight nations with Arctic territory wrote to Father Christmas or local gift bringers -- ranging from Ded Moroz (Grandfather Frost) in Russia to Julenissen in Norway -- asking: "Where do you live?"
"Let's all be good and kind to each other," he replied in Icelandic, with a link to "www.santaworld.is" which says "from time immemorial Santa Claus has lived at Dimmuborgir," a remote area of northern Iceland.

Wow, who'd'a thunk it? :D

I glanced over at one thread on DB's forum, on their official site. They mentioned that it's a place in Iceland and showed pics of it, but nothing about the article refereing to it being where Santa Claus is from. I don't think that they can face it. It's not worth registering, just to bust their balls about it, but if anyone is already a member, it would be funny for someone to post that and see how the fans and the band react! :p

The reason this takes on an extra dimension of comedy is because a couple of years ago, Metal Edge had a feature where they were asking all these metal/hard rock guys what they were wanting for Christmas. I think it was Shagrath who said he hated Christmas because he was striking some anti-Christian pose. Now that we find out that Santa Claus is living close by, I am beginning to wonder if Shagrath's hatred of Christianity stems from bad experiences with his neighbor. Suddenly this feels like an episode of "South Park" waiting to happen. "How Shagrath Rediscovered the True Meaning of Christmas."

Ruthven said:
The reason this takes on an extra dimension of comedy is because a couple of years ago, Metal Edge had a feature where they were asking all these metal/hard rock guys what they were wanting for Christmas. I think it was Shagrath who said he hated Christmas because he was striking some anti-Christian pose. Now that we find out that Santa Claus is living close by, I am beginning to wonder if Shagrath's hatred of Christianity stems from bad experiences from his neighbor. Suddenly this feels like an episode of "South Park" waiting to happen. "How Shagrath Rediscovered the True Meaning of Christmas."
LMAO! That's a great idea!

I can see it with the "South Park" animation and everything.

"I've learned something today. Maybe...maybe...I've been wrong about Christmas. And all this time I was judging the entire Christian religion on a neighborhood dispute with an arrogant fat man, when really...Christmas is about family, and being together with your loved ones..."

Ruthven said:

"I've learned something today. Maybe...maybe...I've been wrong about Christmas. And all this time I was judging the entire Christian religion on a neighborhood dispute with an arrogant fat man, when really...Christmas is about family, and being together with your loved ones..."

"--But I'm STILL taking that fat red guy with the beard to court over those ugly window treatments," Shagrath growled. "The neighborhood association's covenants clearly state that...."

If not South Park, this would fit well into an episode of Viva La Bam. :tickled:

Ruthven said:

And with a specially reworked version of You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch sung by the renowned Simen Vortex...

The new album should be called something like "Superior Santa Cynic" with songtitles such as "In Santa we entrust the hatred provoked", "Jingle Hell", "The Massacre of Reindeer trampled by the Gargantuan Fjords of Norway". Maybe next we will find that Jon from Dissection lives next to the easter bunny and Varg lives next to the tooth fairy.

Curufin said:
That was the most pointless "news" on BlabberMouth I'd ever seen.

Still awesome, though :p

Still more interesting than the endless "Sharon Osbourne took a dump today" type "news" they seem to specialize in these days.. :lol:

dargormudshark said:
The new album should be called something like "Superior Santa Cynic" with songtitles such as "In Santa we entrust the hatred provoked", "Jingle Hell", "The Massacre of Reindeer trampled by the Gargantuan Fjords of Norway". Maybe next we will find that Jon from Dissection lives next to the easter bunny and Varg lives next to the tooth fairy.
Well then who lives around Mr Hanky, The Christmas Poo?