This is like how the radio kids rock out to metal...

Human Life

You looking at me?
Jul 17, 2001
Central Florida
MIDNITE METAL 9/23/01

"FRESH MEAT"
Featured Artist: SYSTEM OF A DOWN

ARTIST/SONG/ALBUM
Soulfly/Bleed/Soulfly
Pissing Razors/Keep to Myself/Where We Come From
Carnivore/USA for USA/Retaliation
Napalm Death/Volume of Neglect/Enemy of the Music Business
P.O.D./The Messenjah/Satellite
S.O.D./Fuck the Middle East/Speak English or Die
Destroyed By Anger/Maggot/Offsetting the Balance
System Of A Down/Forest/Toxicity
Cradle of Filth/Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids/Cruelty And The Beast
40 Below Summer/Smile Electric/Invitation to the Dance
Refused/New Noise/The Shape of Punk to Come
Bi-Polar/Nothing Is Real/Bi-Polar
Nonpoint/Back Up/Statement
Slipknot/Everything Ends/IOWA
Slayer/Captor of Sin/Show No Mercy
Mudvayne/Minus One/L.D. 50
Hatebreed/Prepare For War/Satisfaction is the Death of Desire
System Of A Down/Needles/Toxicity
Cannibal Corpse/Addicted to Vaginal Skin/Tomb of the Mutilated
Vision of Disorder/Don’t Let Me Down/Twisted Forever
Sepultura/Refuse-Resist/Chaos A.D.
Die Section/This Is No Dream/Die Section
Nothingface/American Love/Violence
Rob Zombie/Feel So Numb/The Sinister Urge
Pantera/Slaughtered/Far Beyond Driven
Adema/Drowning/Adema
Crossbreed/Underlined/Synthetic Division
Crowbar/The Lasting Dose/Sonic Exess In It’s Purest Form
System Of A Down/Toxicity/Toxicity
Meshuggah/Internal Evidence/Rare Trax
Dope/Die MF Die/Dope/Life
Switched/Religion/Subject to Change
Destruction/Thrash Till Death/The Antichrist
Lunatics On Parole /Marijuana/Life Sucks (and I love it)

-----

UGH!!! NEVER trust the words "radio" and "metal" together in the same sentence.

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
Oh well, least they put a good Napalm Death song on :D

Ugh, I wouldn't use the words "good". And "Napalm Death" in the same sentence. :p

-Villain (np: Unanimated - "Dead Calm")

Meshuggah is also on there...quite surprising to me how there is a very limited number of good bands mixed into an astounding pile of crap. I expected only the latter.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by _Transparent_
i think im gonna throw up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by godisanathiest

Ne particular reason? I mean are you ill, or just love Napalm Death (amount to the same thing)

too late, ive just thrown up. but dont you hate it when you ask someone whats bands they like and they mention shit like that, and then they say how they love fred durst and that he is the sound of true metal and shit like that, and haven't even heard of other bands outside the old kerrap and mtv channels:mad: :mad:

Originally posted by _Transparent_
quote:too late, ive just thrown up. but dont you hate it when you ask someone whats bands they like and they mention shit like that, and then they say how they love fred durst and that he is the sound of true metal and shit like that, and haven't even heard of other bands outside the old kerrap and mtv channels:mad: :mad:

Yub, it pisses me off even more when they claim the love metal after saying that!

Hate to rain on this..

but a radio station/show that only played "true" metal would have so few listeners that it wouldn't last a month. When someone says "metal," the advertisers' target audience perks up and expects some of the stuff that you and I hate.

To them, "true" metal doesn't exist. Metal is a broad spectrum from hard-rock to nümetal to what we consider metal.

So basically, as with any other public display of the music we love, you have to take the bad with the good.

And think, it COULD be Britney. I'll take Rob Zombie over her anyday.

:headbang:

"Do me a favour guys... never stop rockin!"
-country-band sound guy at one of my ex-band's shows

Cruelty Brought thee orchids!! Well, at least they had the decency to toss in one good tune.

LOL i totally agree. But I also don't mind a bit of Mudvayne..... dig is a pretty kool song :)

Originally posted by Katatonic289

I also don't mind a bit of Mudvayne..... dig is a pretty kool song :)

*shudders*

They're in the exact same basket as Slipknot etc etc ...

I have no problems with anyone saying they like the sort of music in that list (it doesn't effect me if u do or don't) ... but when someone says it's pretty much all crap except for freakin Mudvayne ... errr

Originally posted by Oyo
No wonder I never liked the radio.

yeah, i never used to listen to the radio either, the best stuff on the radio station used to be the adverts:lol:

but a radio station/show that only played "true" metal would have so few listeners that it wouldn't last a month.

yeah i agree, but im sure, although i dont listen to the radio that the bloke doing it could slip in some good songs (by good i mean a variety) , there are good bands who have slightly popish metal (if you get what i mean) that could be played, like katatonia - Teargas, everyone likes that, don't they?

I have no problems with anyone saying they like the sort of music in that list (it doesn't effect me if u do or don't) ... but when someone says it's pretty much all crap except for freakin Mudvayne ... errr

I didnt say i liked mudvayne more than everyone else in the list, i love CoF, and i DONT MIND system of a down, mudvayne, sepulture, adema etc. Just some stuff to listen to once in a while