This is why you don't go 110 in a 25 zone

Steve

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2002
Fairfield, CT (USA)
http://www.connpost.com/Stories/0,1413,96~3750~1880215,00.html

Both of them died, and both were people my brother knew in high school. There's also black ice around this area almost all the time, and it happened to be under 10 degrees at the time. Apparently around this time they had been racing (possibly the night before).
They're from this area, and they should know the road turns pretty sharply there (35 degrees or so), and that there's always black ice in that area...

Sad story, and with all the kids here with sports cars their parents give them when they're 16, it'll probably happen again.

I mean, I really don't have a lot of sympathy for someone if they kill themselves (and innocent others) if they do something really stupid, like going 110 in a 25 zone and jumping a hill and crashing into a tree (btw, that happened to 3 teens here about a month ago.). I'm not implying that's what these (Conn.) guys did, but if they did do something stupid I can't feel that bad for them.

fuck!
I just typed a long repsonse and UM fucked it up and said the forum wasn't accepting new posts... I fucking hate this new software... I never can rebuild a long post and put effort into it again....

i can feel bad for people that make stupid errors in judgment and end up dying. every single person that exists does something that is life threatening without it phasing them at one point or another. every... single... person.
and i'm sorry to hear about these two. it's a shame.

Apparently they were going 75, and police think it couldn've been mechanical trouble.
Drove by there a few hours ago and there are still lit candles there.

Nobody ever thinks they're going to be the one to get killed, or even thinks of that, but has anyoen never done this? (the speeding part, not the crashing part)

People are so fucking stupid. Honestly....it blow smy mind.

Same kinda thing happened here too. This kid was on a two lane road, solid yellow line so no passing by law, he was on a turn passing TWO cars(so he's speeding too obviously), there's NO shoulder at all to go too, and it was down a hill on both sids of the road...and the kid is driving with his best friend and their girlfriends(all about 18 years old). So, as he's passing these two cars on a turn, he sees another car coming and he swerves and hits a pole. One girl dies insatntly, the other has severe brain damage and is taken off life support the next day, the best friend now is on permamnet dialysis(and can't talk to eachother anymore, as has been advised by their lawyers), and the driver got a few cuts and bruises only.....and hell of alot of guilt too. This all happened the day before our graduation ceremony, too His parents also morgaged thier house to pay the $50,000 bail for the kid driving, he can never again legally drive a car, and when his time comes for trial, I think he'll definitely get jail time. That is some fucked up shit I tell you.

the day after new years eve when me mate drove me back, there was black ice on all the streets around his place, so he drove at 10 and kept his hand on the handbrake, until we made it to the highway. and guess what : we didnt die. amazing heh?

Something like this happened in my area around three years ago. A car with a bunch of kids in it was going like 85 in a 25 mph zone, the driver was drunk and must not have realized there was a median there and slammed his car head first into a tree.

fuck TREES.

bono.jpg