this may seem like a stupid question...

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
...but, what album does Priest's "Sad Wings" come from?? I just looked through the whole discography no both Priest's site and Halford's site and the only album it appears to be on is 'Live Insurrection', but that can't be right, can it?

I am not familiar with old Priest, so forgive my stupidity. Thank you.

i have Live Insurrection \m/

best live album of all time \m/

hey Blitzy u ever noticed how the average JP album price is $10? so far every single priest album that i have gotten has either cost me $5-10! and i have 3 of their albums!

Halford
Resurrection
Released in 2000 by Metal-Is
Produced by Roy Z
Executive Producer / A&R: John Baxter

Resurrection
Made In Hell
Locked And Loaded
Night Fall
Silent Screams
The One You Love To Hate
Cyberworld
Slow Down
Twist
Temptation
Drive
Saviour

Is not on there.

Yes, Live Insurrection is the best live album of all time, it is incredible and single handedly got me into Priest and Halford. Brilliant. I am listening to it as I type.

I picked up Ram It Down for $6, but since have been buying the remasters which are all less than $20 themselves which is still good. I only have Turbo, Defenders, and as of today, Painkiller. I really want the Ram It Down remaster as I think it will sound huge, but I should probably get the other albums first. Next on the list, Screaming For Vengeance. :headbang:

Written by Halford/Chlasciak/Lachman

So it seems to be one of his solo stuff. I don't have the album or anything, I just know where to look for stupid info. Plus it's not a JP title but more an abbreviated version of "sad wings of destiny" so its kinda different.

Sad Wings

Who can say they've never made mistakes?
Only fools will suffer what they make
Owning up rids poison when you can
Admitting you were wrong makes you a man

It's every where
But do you care?

Sad wings of destiny,
Where have they gone?
I know eternally
I'll carry on.

Did you think that I would disappear?
Were you so dried up from all your fear?
Thought you'd make me feel impossible
You were wrong now who looks like the fool?

It's up to you,
What did you do?

Sad wings of destiny
It used to burn.
I know that faithfully
I'll see you turn.

It's everywhere
But do you care

Sad wings of destiny,
Where have they gone?
I know eternally
I'll carry on.

Sad wings of destiny
It used to burn.
I know that faithfully
I'll see you turn.
Sad wings of destiny

So it isn't really an abbreviation. This is weird. :lol: :err:

Its from the album Sad Wings Of Destiny isnt it? Its an old priest song...

That was what I assumed also, before seeing this:

Judas Priest
Sad Wings of Destiny
Released in 1976 by Gull
Produced by Jeffrey Calvert / Max West / Judas Priest

Rob Halford (vocals); Glenn Tipton (guitar, keyboards, background vocals); K.K. Downing (guitar); Ian Hill (bass); Alan Moore (drums).

Victim Of Changes
The Ripper
Dream Deceiver
Deceiver
Prelude
Tyrant
Genocide
Epitaph
Island Of Domination

:confused:

I think it was an old Priest song that they fixed up a bit, like Heart Of A Lion?

It's an awesome song wherever it came from! Not knowing much about old Priest, I just assumed it was a Priest song because of the title, and because it sounds more like an older, simpler Priest song than newer Halford material.

That is what I am thinking Spawn, I don't know why Halford would have written a song using an old Priest title for no reason. Maybe they had an early early version of the song which they never used, but liked the title enough to use that....who knows. Weirdness.

If anyone ever meets Mr Halford, ask him for me. Thanks in advance. :Spin:

ok....it is a HALFORD solo song, not an old Priest tune, despite the title. It was released as a bonus track in Japan on their version of Resurrection, but then given to the rest of the masses on Live Insurrection.

Both of the Japanense bonus tracks from Resurrection were awesome! I'm still pissed they're not on my copy.