This Rusted Sphere

Vincent J.

Dec 3, 2005
Arnhem, The Netherlands
Me and my friend Hugo started a two-man post-rock-project many months ago.
We've been working on it since that time and it's been going smoothly.
Our first goal is to write a three-song demo and then we will send it around to labels, to see if anyone's interested.

We're pretty much done with two songs now. Last night we put the last hands on one song and uploaded it on our myspace. Please check it out and give me some feedback!

http://www.myspace.com/thisrustedsphere

Also feel free to add us to your friendlist and tell your friends =)

Some production details: We recorded all guitars with one Shure SM57 and sampled my drumkit with the same Shure and with two Samson CO2's.

second one is good too reminded me of Sigur Ros,that's a good thing I guess:) But I liked first one more,in the second one some of the drumming is hmmmmm, out of place let's say...Tapping part brings excitement to the song I think it's good.

second one is good too reminded me of Sigur Ros,that's a good thing I guess:) But I liked first one more,in the second one some of the drumming is hmmmmm, out of place let's say...Tapping part brings excitement to the song I think it's good.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The problem with the second song is that we recorded that before we got our new guitars, so the sound isn't that good. We still have to finetune (or tune at all, hehe) some parts.

Oh damn, I just discovered that the drums in the chorus are still unfinished here... I kinda changed the whole drumssection there, but then we fucked up some thing in the mix so we had to use this -unfinished- version

Hm, there has already been said a lot. I also prefer the first over the second one and I'm sorry you had some trouble here and there but I'm sure things will settle in the future.
Kinda makes me smile you somewhat blame the old instruments ;D gnaha... I'm not good at talking about technical stuff or making comparisons but I really like Stereo Voices and it was a special moment to finally hear the finished version... which - to let me say so - owns the previous versions by far... actually I didn't really recognize it that much x.x (this was a compliment, 'rite?) ...however, I'm looking forward to hear more and wish you all the luck in the world with proceeding and reaching what you aim for. (Now maybe it's time for me to drop my prob. with Hugo xP).

You can do it ... cha!

Because you're a fanboy and wanna be something special... (;

I didn't say it's bad... but maybe I don't like it that much by now because it's not entirely finished yet. So who knows, maybe later I will also like it better...