This sucks

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Ex-IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno has lashed out at his former bandmates for their alleged failure to utilize any the remaining monies raised by the Clive Burr Multiple Sclerosis Trust Fund (which IRON MAIDEN and their representatives control) to ease and improve the quality of life of the Fund's intended beneficiary, ex-MAIDEN drummer Clive Burr.

Speaking to Metal Rules about the three Clive Burr benefit concerts MAIDEN played in March 2002, Di'Anno said, "I was away on tour for that, so it didn't matter to me, but I saw Clive two weeks ago at an IRON MAIDEN convention in East Ham in the Ruskin Arms and I went up with an Italian band, CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED, they are like a covers band, so we went up and did 'Phantom Of The Opera' together, it was quite funny. We had an IRON MAIDEN sound engineer and Clive went up… Clive's pretty sick at this minute…he screwed up with his multiple sclerosis and stuff . . . I was asking Clive and they [IRON MAIDEN] still haven't given him the money yet, so that's fuckin' bad man. That really pissed me off because that money was to give him extra money to get a new car and get it fixed up…you know when you are slightly disabled and stuff….but he's doing really well, he's really happy but I just wish IRON MAIDEN would pay him the fucking money. It took me two years for me to get my money from IRON MAIDEN as well."

IRON MAIDEN had previously reported via their official web site that Clive Burr Multiple Sclerosis Trust Fund had raised a total of £235,000 (approximately $373,203) after costs, and had made donations of over £70,000 (approximately $111,000) towards Burr's house payments and various costs related to his treatment. The band also indicated that the remaining Trust funds would be targeted to ease and improve the quality of Clive Burr's life.

Burr is suffering from multiple sclerosis — a disease of unknown cause. The disorder is causing him intermittent numbness and can affect his balance. At present there is no known cure for MS, although he is helping test new drugs in the hope that his body response may contribute to a cure.

Clive joined the band at the very end of December 1979 and played on the first three albums — "Iron Maiden", "Killers" and "Number of the Beast" — and toured extensively with the band over this groundbreaking period before leaving in early 1983.

P.S. I hope it isnt true. But if you cant trust a bitter ex singer who was kicked out of the band for taking drugs and drinking, and who has a sketchy past at best when it comes to facts, who can you trust?

Hmm... Some choice quotes from the Dianno interview:

"I don't need Iron Maiden. I really don't. I've sold 25-30 million records every year on my own as well."

"Nah…It's like having Mussolini and Adolph Hitler run your band. Because it is Ron Smallwood and Steve Harris and that's it. There can't be anyone else and my character is too strong for that so me an' Steve was always fighting….and I write better songs that Steve (laughs) so we just let it go." :lol:

He sounds like a reputable source to me :)

3 women in spiky collars. How erotic.

Is that why Bruce never used the "Former Iron Maiden frontman" tag? Paul got it first?

Funnily enough i just started reading "The Beast " Paul Di'Anno's bio yesterday , as i said in a earlier post not a great read but he a bit of a lad .......and full of himself .......