this thing called john mayer

he's a terrible guitarist! my roommates used to like him a lot until they saw him live and realised his album must've taken him like 10000 takes to get right. i saw him play on some awards show and he did indeed suck live.

he even auditioned for a new guitarist because he couldn't cut it live. didn't cas (ex-motW) audition for that??

he's got a little of a chris isaac thing going, maybe, too?

i was told to like chris isaac. i haven't bothered to listen to much, and this was years and years ago.

i turn on the radio once every two weeks, and i hear this JM stuff on all soft rock stations, so today i bothered to look up the name.

and i've been reading/revisiting the milli vanilli thing lately, and i was thinking about abercrombie&fitch, and now i'm connecting the dots...

i'm not getting into john mayer, at least i don't think so. he will do for future soft rock background music excusions.

another comment i remember from yesterday (a day full of 'off' observations) is that someone accused me and a friend of allowing 'politics' to sway our tastes.

i mean, fuck duh.

anyhow, i'm looking at this kid and seeing structure/A&F endorsement all over his lily-white bootay.