Thoughts about Audioslave.....

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
First off, I like the supposed other name "CIVILIAN" better because Audioslave is like Audiovent. Anyway, I didn't know really what to expect from this Cornell/R.A.T.M. collaboration, but I was surprised. Yes, there is some Rage sounding songs with Cornell vocals,and some songs that sound like Soundgarden meets Rage Against The Machine, but there are some really good songs on this C.D. I Think Chris Cornell really had an influence in challenging the other guys into playing bluesy, soulful music. Some songs are kind of mellower and have a Zeppelin vibe to them, which is great. Tom Morello is a great guitarist with a distinctive style, but I was impressed with how he and the rest of the band could "tone down" and play simple, yet soulful, music and not be all "hip-hop" sounding. Like I mentioned before, yes some songs have that Rage sound, and it's impressive. But I also find playing soulful/emotional music without a thousand notes per second impressive, too. As always, Chris Cornell's vocals are great, but I think the rest of the band has shown how diverse they can be as well. Oh well, I now its not everyone's cup of tea, but just thought I would describe hoe impressed I was and glad it wasn't a total "hip-hop" album per se.

I've only heard one song, don't know what it was called. It was ok, but it had a lot of the RAtM sound and I never cared for RAtM. I never really cared for Soundgarden for that matter, but the song wasn't bad, and at least those horrible rage vocals were gone.

it cant top SUPERUNKNOWN ... but I think its better than anything RATM has done , and Cornell is one of my fav. vocalists.

My favorite parts of the album are the slower sections, those rage guys pull it off well.

Overall... good album. Thumbs up!

thumbs%20up.jpg