THOUGHTSTREAMS in effect in the Northeast on Halloween and the day after. (Spam)

Nagle

poser, not guitarist
Aug 19, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
bathotaxe.com
Peep these two shows. The first is 10/31/02 in Purchase, NY and the second is 11/1/02 in Middletown, CT on the campus of Wesleyan University. Here's the lineup for both:

The Flying Luttenbachers: Part grindcore, part tech as hell bass-driven prog, all AWESOME. Do you like to see FAST blast beats? Superior creativity and musicianship.

Time Of Orchids: Used to play techish metal stuff. Now they play no-wave influenced stuff (Contortions, DNA, Scissor Girls) but with CHOPS. Superior creativity and musicianship.

Z's: modern composition for 2 tenor saxophones, 2 electric guitars, and 2 drum sets. Very tight ensemble playing. Superior creativity and musicianship.

Thoughtstreams: Modern composition for technical metal ensemble + trumpet. These will be our first two shows in about 3 months. We will have only had 2 days of rehersal the weekend prior. Please bear with us.

Awesome, Alex.

RealmArchitect: perhaps you could endure the birth pains of astral projection and use the body of light to travel to the show. (har, har, har). In that case, you'd be a badass and a half!

I remember when Weasel Walter from The Flying Luttenbachers was in HateWave- they did a live show on the radio station we worked at, and I've got a tape somewhere of it... they did Mayhem's "Buried By Time and Dust" at the end of the set. Also, Weasel used to work at a Dr. Wax records, and I bought his copy of Immortal's Full Moon Mysticism for $6- he had written his name on it.
FL is more interesting than HateWave was imo though.

Wish I could be at one of these shows too, man. Have a good time!

Thanks. Wish you could be there too. Weasel Walter's a stand-up guy and an awesome drummer. We played two kickass shows with the Luttenbachers back in January and I'm really looking forward to these. I would like to have seen Hatewave live. I have the Lp and like it a good bit (although not nearly as much as the Luttenbachers). That guitarist can sweep! The Luttenbachers play a really stripped-down cover of Magma's "De Futura" - both live and on their new record.