Thrash and Burn tour?

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=97438

"Washington D.C. metallers DARKEST HOUR will headline the Thrash and Burn Tour beginning on July 29. Support on the trek will come from PARKWAY DRIVE, MISERY SIGNALS, WINDS OF PLAGUE, STICK TO YOUR GUNS, ARSIS, LIGHT THIS CITY, ARSONISTS GET ALL THE GIRLS and AFTER THE BURIAL. Special guests scheduled to appear on select dates include SUICIDE SILENCE, AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK, EMMURE, VEIL OF MAYA, BROTHER VON DOOM and more."

Can someone PLEASE help me out here & point out the thrash bands on this "Thrash" and Burn tour?

WTF?!?! I don't see a single thrash band among them! :mad: And one thrash riff here & there doesn't make a thrash band! :Smug:

What a bullshit way of trying to capitalize on this "thrash" comeback. LAME!!! Funny how all these core bands are trying to hold on to what they know is a dying core scene

there is a thrashing like a maniac tour coming, with 3 retro thrash acts =X

but I thought u were a -core fan!?

Yeah, I saw that other tour...too bad it's only on the west side of the US.

And no way!! I can tolerate core elements in only a few bands...and that's only if they offset the core will killer technicallity...like BTBAM. That band only has very little core elements & about 95% prog rock/metal/jazz.

I hope you didn't think I was a core fan just cuz of some of our band selections this year. There were other reasons behind some of our choices that were not rooted in personal preference.

IMO...A&R - core, yes...Epicurean - core elements...ALOL - about as core as Pantera...TAO - first album was thrash, new album is less thrash, more core :( Plus, I used to co-manage TAO...thank God that's over. ;)

yeah hope u didnt take offense, i just thought I remember u saying after the openers were confirmed you were saying u were a big fan, guess not :lol:

I just hope the thrash legends all reunite and tour, Heathen, Forbidden and Flotsam are all doing shit, fucking tour!

No offense at all...I completely understand how ppl may think that, given some of the discussions around here after we confirmed those bands.

From now on, I can promise you that the only core at the Powerfest will be from bands who only dabble in it...and whose technical playing/writing skills completely overshadow their core elements. ;)

Actually, it's really no different than our choices for death metal last year...Martyr & Atheist. Not your run-o-da-mill old-school death...but progressive & technical as all hell. ;) Although, I guess one can argue that Atheist is less prog-death & more prog-thrash...open to interpretation really.

Gate, you a fan of Scythe? They're a really good DM band I think you should check out and bring to Powerfest next year :lol: :loco:

I've found that when people say thrash they are usually thinking of 'Bay Area Thrash.'

And not the late 70s/early 80s hardcore punk/metal scene.

Good points...quite a bit of difference between Bay Area Thrash & NYHC style thrash (ala Anthrax). Anthrax did start out saying they were NYHC...and then just became labeled as Thrash by everyone else.

Although I do agree, most people think Bay Area Thrash...since that's technically where the term was coined. No?

I guess when you really think about it, "thrash" does more or less sound like older 80's hardcore like Discharge or The Circle Jerks and such, so saying that something sounds like hardcore and not thrash is I guess also just open to opinion.

crossover thrash is that what you're thinking of? never heard of the hardcore/emo stuff being called thrash

Just the general sense of speed and recklessness really. Maybe it's just me. Take for example, light this city, they sound sort of core but they also have that same general sense that I described, the same aesthetic maybe. I really just think it's more of a marketing thing anyway, I'm really tired of things being passed off as something they clearly aren't anyway.