Thunderstone Loses Two Members

AMBR

Metal Grandma
Mar 12, 2003
New Jersey
So, Thunderstone is the latest band to have a major shake-up within their ranks.

THUNDERSTONE has issued the following update on their official website:
"We are sad to announce that Pasi Rantanen and Kari Tornack are no longer part of Thunderstone. Due to personal reasons and a visible lack of motivation on their part we saw it best to part with the guys, although the decision was not easy and the timing perhaps the worst possible. Everything was done in good spirits and we thank the guys for an unbelievably great and fun seven years and wish them all the best in their private endeavors.

However, the first priority for us was not to let our fans down even in a situation like this. Therefore, we will go on with the upcoming co-headlining tour with Nocturnal Rites as planned. And we are most proud to announce two incredible musicians who agreed to fill in for the tour on such a short notice. ..boards we will have none other than legendary JENS JOHANSSON, the crazy Swede and a long-time friend from Stratovarius. The vocal duties will be handled by the incredible-sounding TOMMI 'TUPLE' SALMELA who in recent years has shared the vocals with Marco Hietala in the classic Finnish metal outfit Tarot. As you can probably imagine, we are more than thrilled to have these guys on board. Book your tickets NOW!!!"

Sorry to see Pasi go as his voice was a big part of their "signature sound" but with the right vocalist, I can see them going on smoothly. Hard to get worked up over members leaving anymore.

As for this tour, I'd love to see Jens and Tuple doing TS songs. That would be a pretty cool and unique experience.

doh! I think they're the best thing going right now in euro-style power metal... I hope this doesn't bring such a good thing to an end.

Damn! Jens and Tuple... I'd say they got some VERY worthy replacements for the tour. Wish I could see one of the shows (especially since NR is coheadlining!)
Come on, fellow world traveler. Let's just hop on a plane to Germany. No sweat. :headbang:

Too bad neither of us can afford that right now. :cry:

Jens is the hardest working man in metal. Salmela, if he plays his cards right, might end up the permanent frontman. Gonna miss Pasi, though. I just hope that Jens doesn't get bombed during the tour. It will be expensive for a certain person to fly to wherever just to say, "Jens, c'mon, be a good boy and get on the bus." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad to hear that they're replacing two members, including the singer. Typically, a band is identified by its singer. Yeah, there have been bands with multiple singers and go on to great heights - but I think the defining part of Thunderstone was Pasi's voice. This is a band that I really like, and hope I can continue liking them. But it won't be the same band, that's for sure.