Thurisaz from Belgium

Belligerent

Greekus Urungus
Mar 15, 2006
The Low Low, IL
I never hear these guys mentioned anywhere on Ultimate Metal. I think they deserve their own thread for their short run w/ Novembers Doom (which I missed the Mokena show:cry:) Their new one "Circadian Rhythm" is amazing and so hard to categorize at the same time. I usually explain them to people as a Black Metal Amorphis. Every song on Circadian Rhythm takes you on a different journey. Atmospheric folk with black metal shrieks...even Agalloch-like at times.

Anyone else loving this album at the moment?
(...btw if the Doom guys want to comment on any backstage Thurisaz stories etc:kickass: that would be cool too)

DISCUSS &...CHEERZ! :kickass: \m/ \m/
"Chris the Greek"

I've seen Thurisaz in the Netherlands on two shows. ( With Novembers Doom, Saturnus and Agalloch )
I never heard of them before but they blew me away!:headbang:
I don't have any album of them, but i will give the new one a listen.:)
The four bands playing together at one evening is the best thing i've ever experienced!

I've seen Thurisaz in the Netherlands on two shows. ( With Novembers Doom, Saturnus and Agalloch )
I never heard of them before but they blew me away!:headbang:
I don't have any album of them, but i will give the new one a listen.:)
The four bands playing together at one evening is the best thing i've ever experienced!
The new one is superb. One of those albums that is so diverse that each song makes you wonder if its the same band or not. Take track 5 and 6 for example.

Thurisaz are great. I genuinely enjoy their music, and not just saying that because we toured with them and are friends with them now. I like the fact that they have no bullshit "image", and they're not following any particular trend. They just make an interesting blend of styles into their own. It's enjoyable metal, and I don't mind that too often anymore, for my tastes.

Cool to hear they dont have the "image" that some bands portray. Considering they are fairly unknown, I would think they wouldn't.
If you guys dig Thurisaz, try Axamenta. Recently gave their Ever-Arch-E-Tech-Ture a spin. From Belgium too...

I honestly feel these guys have the potential to be a huge underground act in the coming years. They get better and better everytime I see them, and the new CD was better than their first. Plus, they are some of the nicest guys we've had the pleasure to tour with. They deserve it, so I hope others can see just how good they are!

Cool to hear they dont have the "image" that some bands portray. Considering they are fairly unknown, I would think they wouldn't.
If you guys dig Thurisaz, try Axamenta. Recently gave their Ever-Arch-E-Tech-Ture a spin. From Belgium too...

I do have that CD. I'm VERY picky with what black metal I listen too, because being honest, I'm not much of a fan of the genre, and where I think Axamenta is very good at what they do, it's still a bit too much "black metal" for my personal taste. The do have moments where I think "Damn, that's really cool! I wish they did that more often." But again, it's just personal taste. They are a high quality band! Belgium has a lot of unknown gems, and hopefully bands like Thurisaz and Axamenta can help bring them to the masses!

I do have that CD. I'm VERY picky with what black metal I listen too, because being honest, I'm not much of a fan of the genre, and where I think Axamenta is very good at what they do, it's still a bit too much "black metal" for my personal taste. The do have moments where I think "Damn, that's really cool! I wish they did that more often." But again, it's just personal taste. They are a high quality band! Belgium has a lot of unknown gems, and hopefully bands like Thurisaz and Axamenta can help bring them to the masses!
Thanx for your insight Paul and the rest of you Doomerz! Glad to hear you appreciate them as much as I have lately. Maybe Belgium will turn out to be the new Sweden....with less recycled riffs that is:lol: