4. Capture The Flag
5. Tear-Water Tea
6. Stop Gap (Instrumental)
7. Unicornicopia (Instrumental)
8. Paintings
9. A.02 (Instrumental)
10. Slippers In The Snow
11. Spindrift

Very happy to get this promo, a very rewarding listening experience for fans of RUSH, FATES WARNING, DREAM THEATER and the like. Special note should be made of the production, provided by none other than RUSH/FATES knobman Terry Brown. Album opener and title track, "Window Dressing" sounds heavily inspired by late 70's, early 80's RUSH. Did I mention the track is over 17 minutes long? Talk about wearing your influences on your sleeve. Mix RUSH with PINK FLOYD and you get an idea where this song is going. The great thing about this band is, like their musical father figures, they know when to tailor to the needs of a song and when to just prog all out.

The vocalist is like a cross between Geddy Lee and STYX' Dennis DeYoung, or something to that effect. Excellent vocal melodies, stellar musicianship, an underdog contender for 2004 to be sure.

Rating: 7/10

Papa Josh

I knew you'd like this one. By the way, I first heard Tiles maybe 3 or 4 years ago, and I cannot remember which album it was, but at least one of the songs was heavy as fuck in a Sabbath meets Rush kind of way. Seems like they gone more the Rush route over time, but really, I'm no expert on their catalog. I'm sure the other folk like Demonspell will know more about Tiles.

"Window Dressing" is a rather pleasant listen... though I think it tails off in the 2nd half. The 17 minute opener is suprisingly good, however... I love that lush acoustic midsection. This is definately one of those bands that invokes classic elements from days gone by.