TIM 'RIPPER' OWENS Says His Time With JUDAS PRIEST Has Been 'Erased' From Band's Past, Vows...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Tim "Ripper" Owens says that he will re-record the albums he made with JUDAS PRIEST after his time with the band was "erased" from its past. The Ohio-based singer recorded two studio albums with the British heavy metal legends — 1997's "Jugulator" and 2001's "Demolition" — before the band reunited with Rob Halford. After a fan pointed out to Owens on Facebook earlier today that the two discs from his era of PRIEST have been out of print on vinyl for "quite a number of years now," Owens shared the post and responded: "Yep Great to see my time in JP has erased and my CDs and ME from their past!!!!! Well I haven't forgot my past and I will be working on re recording the studio CDs and releasing them myself!! Why not?" Owens told Metal Temple in a 2017 interview that he would rejoin JUDAS PRIEST if asked. "There's no doubt I would, if the timing was right," he said. "It's not gonna happen — it's never gonna happen. It'll never, ever happen; Rob's not ever gonna leave JUDAS PRIEST. They'll retire and I think that'll be it. But, yeah, I'll tell you the reason I would is because of the friendship. Financiallly, I don't know if it could be any… it's not gonna be any better than what I do now. But the friendship with those guys is really great. They are great guys and I had an absolute blast with them. That's probably the thing I miss the most — hanging out with them and the friendship." In a separate interview, Owens defended himself against accusations by some JUDAS PRIEST fans of changing the band's sound to a more brutal, modern direction on "Jugulator". He explained: "Every record JUDAS PRIEST puts out is different. I mean, 'Nostradamus' sounds nothing like JUDAS PRIEST ever wrote, ever. 'Turbo' sounded nothing like JUDAS PRIEST. You know, JUDAS PRIEST changes. They wrote 'Painkiller', and 'Jugulator' was a transition; it was kind of following what was going on." He continued: "You've gotta remember, JUDAS PRIEST always went with the times a little bit. Glenn [Tipton, guitar] started playing arpeggios. PANTERA was really big [at the time]. [On the] 'Painkiller' [tour], they toured with PANTERA; PANTERA opened for JUDAS PRIEST. 'Painkiller' was a heavy record, and this was a natural progression. The difference is I probably had a few more different layers to my voice that they could tap into — some deeper, death metal kind of undertones to do backups and some different types of voices that they might be able to try. But it was JUDAS PRIEST."

Yep Great to see my time in JP has erased and my CDs and ME from their past!!!!! Well I haven’t forgot my past and I...

Posted by Tim Ripper Owens "Official Page" on Thursday, October 11, 2018

Continue reading...