Tim "Ripper " Owens

Bucko

Apr 15, 2001
Canberra
Visit site
Obtained a Copy Of Ozzy Tribute "Bats Head Soup" on the weekend .
Fuk "Ripper 's" vocal range is a lot like Rob "The Metal God" Halford no wonder Preist signed him up as the new singer a few years back. Does anyone know if you can still get the Double dics "Metal Meltdown -Live" . I lost interest in Preist when Rob left but after hearing Owens vocals on Mr Crowley I was really impressed.

Bats head not bad some of the guys that play I have no idea who thay are ie " Paul Gilbert , Adam Paskowitz, Peter Perdichizzi, Doug Alrich, Steve Lakather, Jeff Scott Soto, are they session guys or in bands can anyone plaese advise.

Cheers Bucko

You should REALLY check out Winters Bane, its a band tim was in before joining priest. The albums called heart of a killer and its GREAT, its so metal its not funny :D

His vocals on it are outstanding, i agree, its no wonder they got him to replace rob!

Paul Gilbert was in mr. big (remember "be with you"?) Steve Lukather was in toto i think? Never heard of the other guys!

I've got that tributre CD. Not quite as consistant or as good a the Alice Cooper tribute, but still very good.

Best songs are probably Mr Crowley, Crazy Train, Hellraiser and Shot In The Dark.

Ripper really rocks, as does Yngwie! :D

Originally posted by Joe Salami
Jeff Scott Soto sang on Yngwie Malmsteen's first two albums, 'Rising Force' and 'Marching Out'. I've got a feeling they've worked together since, but not sure.

Did he? That's great. The main reason why I've never really gotten into Yngwie is because I've never liked his vocalist, although the guy on Facing The Animal was ok.

But Jeff Scott Soto is fantastic! :)

I'm slightly out of touch these days. I love his first four albums (Rising Force, Marching Out, Trilogy and Odyssey), and saw him when he toured in 1990. He played the Enmore on the Eclipse World Tour, but their singer then was ordinary, and so was the album itself. I haven't bought another Yngwie album since.

Yngwie and Jeff also did a cover of Rainbow's "Gates Of Babylon" on the Dio Tribute album "Holy Dio", which is magnificent.

GOT THE LIVE MELTDOWN CD AND I WAS AMAZED AT HOW GOOD RIPPER WAS AT THE OLD PRIEST SONGS YOU CANT GET MUCH CLOSER TO HALFORD UNLESS IT IS HALFORD

HIS VERSION OF DIAMONDS AND RUST IS AMAZING AND SO ON GET YOURSELF A COPY TODAY YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED!!!!!

:p :p :p