Time Tracking and Project Management, How do YOU do it?

Thanks for the interest jipchen,

It's a pretty good idea and I've toyed with similar ideas at times. I think we'll just need to see if it makes any sense in the context of the main functionality.

Ok, general update, the current status is that I'm just about to start the actual build process. In the next few weeks, once the basic functionality is done I will start contacting anyone who expressed interest in beta testing.

I definitely think there should be an offline version, and have an option to sync when there is a connection available. I go without internet access at home for months at a time and I'm sure some engineers prefer to have their machines offline to reduce distraction and risks as well. Just a thought.

Also, if there are any more slots available for testing, I would be interested. I have a 1st gen Motorola Droid I could run a mobile version on as well so you can check if it's gonna be ok on old shit...

I definitely think there should be an offline version, and have an option to sync when there is a connection available. I go without internet access at home for months at a time and I'm sure some engineers prefer to have their machines offline to reduce distraction and risks as well. Just a thought.

Also, if there are any more slots available for testing, I would be interested. I have a 1st gen Motorola Droid I could run a mobile version on as well so you can check if it's gonna be ok on old shit...

Excellent suggestions,
I can't promise anything at the moment but I too reckon it would be nice to have an App that can be used off-line and then synced with the server, kinda like how Evernote works.

For the moment the focus is on getting the Web interface to work well, getting all the important features built and there-after making a solid API.

The first batch of testers should have recieved their Login details over the weekend, anyone else who want's to do some usability testing can email me at : shane@utilityinstereo.com and request an account.

Sloan, you're first in line :)

Quick update,

Work is progressing at a nice pace and a lot of small niggles are being ironed out.
When the application gets to a more polished state I will begin a new phase of testing, less focused on the technical testing and
more focused on "Customer Testing", getting the application into the hands of the people who will use it and letting them shape it's future development.

As always, if you are interested in seeing this develop from the inside, join the facebook group and drop me a message or just email me at:
shanekilkelly@utilityinstereo.com

I'll also be putting up some demo videos in the near future and you guys will be the first to know about it.

Btw if I try to visit the website I am redirected (http://utilityinstereo.com/upgrade) and get the message "This site needs to be upgraded. Click here if you are the site's owner"

Ha, thanks, I totally missed that!

To explain, I've had the utilityinstereo.com domain pointing at a Sidengo landing page for a while, with the actual test server at a different domain. It seems Sidengo have changed their terms of service recently and I need to upgrade it. oh well, that domain will eventually point to the live server :)

I suggest you get a copy of PMBOK guide. Project Management in all it guises has been around for a very long time & there is a great deal of research available on the core competencies required to be a sucsessfull PM all of which is readily transferable to any scenario (In this audio production)