TIMs live on the air TONIGHT 5/19 - Call in and CHAT!!!

I caught the show last night. A bit of an estrogen rush, but it was a fun and informative two hours just the same.

I had thought to call in, but only had a couple of questions which were basically answered in the first half hour of the show. I'd always been curious, now that the band has had the same crew running for a few years, if they'd ever given any thought to writing music and trying out their luck as an original metal band. I think I got spooked off when (maybe it was) Kirsten spoke about the frustration our ladies experience when some people (evidently mostly other musicians) tend to be condescending of cover bands, as if they were somehow less than original bands. While the tone certainly isn't representative of my curiosity, I suppose I could understand in retrospect how the question could be off-putting. At a minimum, a very careful phrasing of the question would be in order ;)

I think I liked Wanda's perspective on it the most: that a symphony orchestra is essentially a cover group for everything they play.

Anyway, thanks for airing the segment. And Linda, I hope your doggie is doing okay.

Last edited:
I caught the show last night. A bit of an estrogen rush, but it was a fun and informative two hours just the same.

I had thought to call in, but only had a couple of questions which were basically answered in the first half hour of the show. I'd always been curious, now that the band has had the same crew running for a few years, if they'd ever given any thought to writing music and trying out their luck as an original metal band. I think I got spooked off when (maybe it was) Kirsten spoke about the frustration our ladies experience when some people (evidently mostly other musicians) tend to be condescending of cover bands, as if they were somehow less than original bands. While the tone certainly isn't representative of my curiosity, I suppose I could understand in retrospect how the question could be off-putting. At a minimum, a very careful phrasing of the question would be in order ;)

I think I liked Wanda's perspective on it the most: that a symphony orchestra is essentially a cover group for everything they play.

Anyway, thanks for airing the segment. And Linda, I hope your doggie is doing okay.
Hi Michael!

So sorry you were spooked off from calling in! LOL! We are all harmless! You would have had fun chatting with us! aybe another time then! ;-P It was a good time! Those two hours actually went by really quickly for us! I hope you enjoyed! Cheers! Maybe we will see you June 4 at the Gaslamp!