To anyone that has Dreamweaver

Fourka

Forget it
Mar 28, 2003
In a cuckoo's clock
I recently installed Dreamweaver and I have a bandwidth on the net. The thing is that I do not know how to upload my site on the Net. I 've tried to follow what "help" sais, but I fail to see my stuff on the Net. Anybody can help me with that? :wave:

do you have available webspace in the net? because if you don't, there's nowhere you can upload your stuff...

Thanatos said:
do you have available webspace in the net? because if you don't, there's nowhere you can upload your stuff...

yes, i have. And now it is black. The thing is that I know how to work Dreamweaver and save everything on my hardisk, but I don't know how to put all these files online. I tried to do some stuff that sais "check in, check out, put etc" but it didn't seem to work...And from the site I got this website there is no any guidelines as to how to do this...

So, yes I have available webspace in the net, so could you help me with the uploading thing?

@sonnenritter: thanks for the info, i will try it.

@Incendiare: Have you uploaded anything on the Net with the aid of Dreamweaver? And if yes, how? If no, then again how do you upload stuff on the net?

What kind of access do you have to this webspace? Do you have an ftp account or
do you have to go to some upload-site to put your stuff there?

If you have ftp-access it is possible to upload using dreamweaver, if you don't, then there is no way (that I know of) to use dreamweaver for the uploading.

There is probably an admin-site that you can log on to. On this site it should be possible to modify the content of you site.

Some more questions that could help to solve the problem:
Do you have a 'free' account somewhere? (If so, then you probably don't have ftp-access, thus making it 'harder' to upload your stuff)
What is the address? (If I know this I could possible give you a way to upload you stuff)
Do you have a lot of different files to upload?(If so then I hope you have ftp-acccess)

If I'm more awake tomorrow I could be of more use, I think, am a bit sleepy now.... :zzz: