To EternalSwamplord:

The Don

Oct 29, 2004
Evergreen, Colorado USA
I took your advice and bought the line 6 pod x3. It is FUCKING AMAZING, and thanks for the tones. I don't know why the other thread got locked, but I have a couple of questionsL

What tones make a good combo? Everything I record sounds too hectic. Should i use a program like protools to remedy the problem? There are some GREAT tones you gave me, though I just don't know how to mix them. I'm using a N00b mixer in Miixcraft 3 by Acoustica. I know I need to upgrade to Qbase or ProTools, but as of now, it is very difficult to combine the tones you have to make a song sound normal. Your tones are sick as hell, I just need a recommendation on how to mix different ones with others in order to make badass metal. Tom, if you have some input, please advise.

EDITx2: Tom, I want to thank you for your input as well. From a recording perspective, i bought both a sick Audio Interface and a badass Modeler. If you have any suggestions or recommendations I would be more than happy to try em out! Thanks both of you for your metal mastery and guidance.

NOW: Here is the big Q. Illegal ProTools DL or Qbase??? I'm broke! No tantalizing for DL'ing torrents right?

EDIT: Do you use the same tone for lead and rythm? I tend to switch it up, but I've been playing around with your tones and I can't find a decent combo that sound good together. Everything is just a bit too overdriven. Eternalswamplord - What is your recommendation on tone combinatino? I have some sick ideas but I can't get the right sound as this is all VERY new to me.

Thanks for the tones dude, the fucking OWN FACE!

hey, im glad i can help! oh and Kalmah locked the other thread because if any thread isnt about kalmah, they will lock it. which is totally cool cause its their forum! but i will try to answer your questions and send them in an email soon.