To the Katatonia die-hard fans: let's meet up in Wacken!

Medy

Jul 16, 2003
Paris, France
Visit site
well i had the chance and the pleasure to meet some great Katatonia fans at the Progpower europe festival last september/october, (Cis - hello! - and Kirsten too) and i think it should really be great to arrange a meeting at Wacken since two guys from Katatonia are playing there with Bloodbath.

festivals bring many people, i'm sure many of you will be there at Wacken.
i already did this with Paradise Lost fans at the Summer Breeze for example, it's a chance to meet nice people.

what's your opinion?

Yeah good idea!
I'll be there almost for sure!!!!It would be really nice to arrange a meeting!

@Medy Je ne sais pas si tu te rappelle, mais j’étais aussi au concert en Alphen van der Rijin avec Sabine et Kerstin…

On n’a pas parlé beaucoup ensemble.

Dommage que j’ai dû rentrer en Italie le dimanche pasque les filles m’ont dit qu’il a était super au festival!

nice idea..
i'll be there almost 100%, and i consider myself a die-hard katatonia fan (bloodbath included).

@ether
sì, sono assurdità giusta di comunicazione in italiano. appena in moda da poterlo dimostrare io che capisco la lingua...
(i will see if someone can speak serbian here hahaha)

I've been there three times, I prefer smaller festivals now. Hm, Bloodbath would be the only reason to go... naaah. But have fun, drink, rock and that.

Wish I could make it to Wacken. Been trying desperately to convince my girlfriend to come along as she's a huge Hanoi Rocks fan, and we've both been Sentenced fans for years. Unfortunately the cash flow's a bit tight :( If I had the money though I wouldn't think twice about spending it just to see Bloodbath.

Indeed. It's actually at a tie for personal favourite with Lucio Fulci's Zombie (aka Zombie Flesh Eaters, or Zombie 2,) as the eyeball scene can't be beat. Still, tittered like a twisted schoolgirl throughout Dead Alive, and I can't say I've ever seen so much blood (or such creative use of a lawnmower) in a movie!

Oh, and soz not to stray too far off topic: :erk:

Khayman666 said:
Indeed. It's actually at a tie for personal favourite with Lucio Fulci's Zombie (aka Zombie Flesh Eaters, or Zombie 2,) as the eyeball scene can't be beat. Still, tittered like a twisted schoolgirl throughout Dead Alive, and I can't say I've ever seen so much blood (or such creative use of a lawnmower) in a movie!

Oh, and soz not to stray too far off topic: :erk:

I thought it was called brain dead?
Great movie whatever its called

Hello Medy, haven't seen you here for a while :wave:
I will most definitely be in Wacken this year and I hope to meet you (or anyone from the forum) there!
Will you be at the french Fury Fest, too?

YOU KATATONIA FANS, YOU RULE! :headbang:

let's just recall a few things for those who don't know Wacken: this year Wacken takes place from the 4th to the 6th of august, in the all-year-long-quite-except-during-the-festival small village called Wacken, near Hamburg. You got to know that you can arrive to the festival three or four days before, the camping is open (even if not officially).
if people are coming from almost the same places/cities/countries why not form small groups that travel together? Or share the travel fees if someone gets a car?
It's just suggestions.
For me I'll be going with some friends to the Castle Party in Poland before getting to Wacken, so if some people are going from Poland just contact me, we can mange to make the trip together.
I'll arrive to Wacken on the 1st of august, probably during the afternoon or the evening.
what do you think of camping all together? It's better than being lost between anonymous tents.

@Ether: bien sur que je me rappelle de toi. dommage tu n'es pas venue au ProgPower, mais bon j'espère te voir à Wacken! et tu écris très bien français bravo! et Viva Italia!

@Cis: hi dear friend :wave: ! that's right i've been missing for a while. that's great to hear that you come to Wacken! it sounds deadly!
i don't think i'll go to the Fury fest for two reasons: 1. last year that was a big mess, 2. i'm going to the Graspop festival (in Belgium) which happens the same week-end, featuring the great Megadeth! :worship:
cheers! and greetz to Kirsten!

@Ergol The Ineffable: done

It's a pity ,I can't come this year...I wish you however a great fun and to Bloodbath I wish all the best

I live in Hawaii, and there is no way I can get there anytime this year.

I hope you all have a great time! Take lots of pictures.

Aaron A. said:
I live in Hawaii, and there is no way I can get there anytime this year.

I hope you all have a great time! Take lots of pictures.

Duh!!! FedEx!!!

Don't do UPS unless you want them to kick your arse on the way over.

I still don't know when I'll have holidays and how many days I could take off work, but if I manage I'm coming earlier...but actually the main reason I'm going to Wacken is for Bloodbath, well I think that for example the Summer Breeze festival must be nicer than Wacken....

It seems like Katatonia is not playing at many other summer festivals...what a pity!

I support the idea of camping all together in the same area! what a chaos however...those fests are exhausting, thinking about how much you drink and how little you sleep! I'm getting too old for "wild life"!