To those who enjoy heavy metal as a whole, Biomechanical is the way to go

AsModEe

also known as ass-mode
Feb 13, 2004
Québec City
Seriously, I got their last album monday and it slays. I knew it received good reviews, but didn't expect something that good! Very :kickass: stuff, a must to anyone who enjoys metal. I wouldn't even call it power metal, cause they simply have more balls and they sound WAYYY heavier than your typical flower metal band.

Hey, I made no spelling mistake in my title, w00t?

Reign in Acai said:
This forum is a sinking ship. Did the prophet Nad leave, taking his apostles with him?
QQ more, does this forum always need NAD to be around? Can you be more pathetic plz?

I confirm, but I could say they are even more varied than Nevermore. I got no MP3s to upload, but they put on a few songs on myspace to listen to. Listen to Enemy Within, great song.

Yeah, Nevermore fans should enjoy (but they're not complete rip-off clones like Communic). As with Nevermore, there's a Fear Factory vibe too. It's all very modern sounding, a hint of mechanical/industrial feel, polished and gleaming, and not a '59 Les Paul and vintage tube amp in sight....

I tend to like this style, but the last time I heard this band they just sounded a bit generic. I can understand how powermetal fans, that like their stuff more aggressive, might like them, though.

Nate The Great said:
I tend to like this style, but the last time I heard this band they just sounded a bit generic. I can understand how powermetal fans, that like their stuff more aggressive, might like them, though.
first time I heard them was on their first album and thought the same thing, that's why it took me so much time to get their last album. I heard Enemy within on their myspace and immediatly ordered the album.

here's the link to listen to that song:

http://www.myspace.com/biomechanical

Their metal is absolutely fascinating and ambitious, a mix of Pantera, Judas Priest with a slight Queensryche vibe in the melodic parts. Fans of traditional metal (Hello Doomycifer) would love John K's (Biomech singer) ex band, DECEPTOR, they played awesome old school u.s. power metal with some thrash elements.