Toby Hitchcock - Mercury's Down

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Wow what a song. Cheesefest vid but at least a hot chick so only minor damage done hehe. Wonder how much they paid her for the day's work. Probably someone's sister at Frontiers the cheapskates! Anyway a scorching song written by Frontiers in house song writing genius Erik Maartensson. I love the bit when Toby hold's the note when the solo is being played. Much better and more ballsy than anything he did with Pride of Lions. Jim Peterik is a genius writer but Erik is the new kid on the block and he's blowing just about everyone out of the water when it comes to melodic rock/AOR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Melodicrock.com gave it 99%. It's supposed to be like WET in terms of heaviness and songwriting style. If so, that's going to rule. Hitchcock is one of the best singers I've ever heard and I'd love to see him do something heavier. And although Jim Peterik is cool and all, I really think Hitchcock shouldn't be sharing vocal duties with him. A singer like that needs to shine solo.

For the next album, hand him off to Magnus Karlsson.:)

You're close: Christian contemporary. He sings in a local group in Indiana, kind of an Avalon-type thing. No, not the Chitty band from the late 90s, the contemporary Christian band that had a hit with "Testify to Love".

I'm actually surprised he's never made it big in that genre. Kudos to Jim Peterik and Frontiers for finding such an amazing talent and putting him to work signing hard rock.