TOBY WRIGHT cool article

Also Soufly's Primitive sounds killer production-wise as well (well at least it did when it came out). That track featuring Grady Avenell (entitled "pain" IIRR) from Will Haven was just sick.

Korn's Follow The Leader sounded killer as well.

Kinda nu-metallish stuff i know but not of the worst kind (far from it actually) IMO.

Follow the leader sounds awesome and also Sevendust's Home.
Different kind of production than nowadays...different genre. But probably these productions were better that the today's productions...less sterile and more natural

I never knew Primitive or Home had anything to do with Toby Wright...Actually, both of those CD's came out before I had any true interest about popular AE's.

Both of those albums have huge low ends and a ton of low mid punch. Interesting.

Follow the leader sounds awesome and also Sevendust's Home.
Different kind of production than nowadays...different genre. But probably these productions were better that the today's productions...less sterile and more natural

well well well... it has also something to do with the genre... it would be harder to pull a nice "natural/not so sterile" production for extreme metal than for a nu-metal act IMO. I agree about the "good natural and not so sterile production" comment on those 2 albums though.

would of been easier for you to write interview instead of ITW. Look at all the time and typing it "saved" you by being lazy...

Ok thanks for whoever edited the thread title. I edited my original post as well.

I thought that "itw for interview" thing was common... i guess i was wrong.

Though i didn't get that part in your post :

"Look at all the time and typing it "saved" you by being lazy..."

:err:

"
On the the misguided hiring of producer Toby Wright (ALICE IN CHAINS, KORN, SEVENDUST) for FEAR FACTORY's 2005 album, "Transgression":

Raymond Herrera: "Needless to say, I'm not 100 percent happy with it. Not because I don't like what we wrote; because we never gave it the old college try."

Christian Olde Wolbers: "When I heard the final mix of 'Transgression', I couldn't believe my fucking ears. It was the worst piece of shit I've ever heard in my life."

"

"
On the the misguided hiring of producer Toby Wright (ALICE IN CHAINS, KORN, SEVENDUST) for FEAR FACTORY's 2005 album, "Transgression":

Raymond Herrera: "Needless to say, I'm not 100 percent happy with it. Not because I don't like what we wrote; because we never gave it the old college try."

Christian Olde Wolbers: "When I heard the final mix of 'Transgression', I couldn't believe my fucking ears. It was the worst piece of shit I've ever heard in my life."

Burton C. Bell: "It got to the point where the money didn't mean shit to me. They were talking about doing another record and I said, 'That's great. Fire your manager. I'm not paying that bitch anything else.' And they wouldn't.

"Once you hit a peak, there's only one place you can go: down. And we definitely went down."

"

How does that even fit in there? That statement has zero regard to Toby Wright.

I beleive that the Burton C Bell quote was in reference to the bands internal argument over management and not over producer.