TOM KOPYTO: Resurrection, feat Zonder (Fates Warning), Bittner (Shadows Fall) & more

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From www.melodicrock.com :

“Resurrection”: TOM KOPYTO's debut CD for Shredguy Records releases on February 5... 8 tracks of virtuoso instrumental guitar with special guests Mark Zonder (Fates Warning), Jason Bittner (Shadows Fall, Marty Friedman), and Matt Garstka (Animals as Leaders) on drums, bassist Andy DeLuca (Symphony X, Michael Angelo Batio, James LaBrie's Mullmuzzer), and guitarists Mike Abdow (Last Chance to Reason, Solo Artist) and Oli Herbert (All That Remains). The record was mixed and mastered by Keith Merrow at Merrowsound Studios.

A native of Chicago, Tom Kopyto has defined himself as a well respected instrumental guitarist and one of the most sought after instructors in New England. Tom was introduced to the instrumental guitar scene with with his debut CD YTK. The now out of print CD was executive produced by legendary guitarist Michael Angelo Batio and was released in 2000. Shortly after the release, Tom entered Ernie Ball/Music Man's “Best Guitarist on The Web” contest and was awarded “Best Rock Guitarist”. Between 2004 and 2007, Tom appeared on compilation CD's released by Lion Music (“Tribute to Shawn Lane Vol. 2”) and Shredguy Records (“Shredding Across the World Vol.1” & “Shredding Across the World Vol.2”). During this time Tom also released two instructional DVDs through Chops From Hell Guitar Methods (“Terror Death Licks” and “Picking Sequences & Modes”) and authored online courses for MusicDojo.com.

“My approach to the instrumental guitar genre is to merge the simpler songwriting styles of my favorite hard rock bands with the technical styles of my favorite progressive metal bands while using the guitar as the vocals.”

Resurrection can be ordered for a special price at www.shredguyrecords.bigcartel.com. For more info check out www.lordtommy.com.

tomkopyto-resurrection.jpg

A whole bunch of videos available here: http://www.youtube.com/tomkopyto