Tomorrow (Nick Cave).......

I wish I had known about this a little sooner as I am starting to get into them. I wonder if they are coming to Charlotte or Raleigh possibly. I'll have to research some dates. Oh wait, I forgot I have no money right now so I can't afford to buy tickets. :(

Damn, I too wish I had heard Nick Cave was coming sooner. I'd definately make the trip from Raleigh to see that show, but a little late...

Originally posted by Duvall
He came to Toronto, and a couple good friends of mine saw the show. Said it was fantastic, and that he's phenomenally intense onstage.

damn. wish I'd seen it now.

Me too. I thought about going, but out of brokeness I opted for the Cranes last week instead. They didn't disappoint, but I would like to have seen both.

The man has an amazing voice. I'm ashamed to say that my knowledge of him pretty much starts and ends to "Where the wild roses grow". I've been meaning to get to know his music better, but haven't had an idea from where to start. Any suggestions?

In my opinion, best Nick Cave album to start with is "Live Seeds." It's a very well produced live recording released back in 93. Really good cross-section of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds music...

"Murder Ballads" is also a real good album from more recent years...

Originally posted by godisanathiest
What about "no longer shall we part"? It's his last and a dman good record!

I couldn't get into that album as easily as some of his others. It's a good album for sure, but I still have a harder time listening to it than others.

Originally posted by Downfall
The man has an amazing voice. I'm ashamed to say that my knowledge of him pretty much starts and ends to "Where the wild roses grow". I've been meaning to get to know his music better, but haven't had an idea from where to start. Any suggestions?
The best idea is to start with "Let Love In" and then "Henry's Dream". These two albums are his most diverse, show most sides of the band's creative persona and are also probably the best.

The earlier stuff is great too, but really harsher - if you like that, get "Your Funeral... My Trial", and if you "get" it, continue to "From Her to Eternity", "Tender Prey" and the Birthday Party records like "Junkyard" (art-noise-post-punk, very brutal but very beautiful).

If it's the ballads that you like the most, continue with "The Good Son" and "The Boatman's Call". "Murder Ballads" is also very good, contains more black humour -- "The Song of Joy" is one of their diamonds.

There are no words to express how awesome he was. I am having a very hard time deciding what show was better Opeth, Anathema or Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. No one can touch Nick's voice.

And get this, after the show I found out Orange Goblin was playing later, across town. So I got to see them in a little bar, what a great night!