Tonight's Decision

Schism

Evacuate, Assemble here..
Jan 15, 2003
Mittagong, NSW Australia
Visit site
Finally picked up Tonight's Decision (whilst also buying a LFDGD shirt and DAMNATION-great day!!)

After a couple of spins, I must say I am pissed I never picked it up earlier, while not as strong an album as LFDGD, the mood the album conveys is absolutely perfect, a credit to this fine band are the 3 stand-out tracks IMO

Right into the Bliss- love the vocals and defining chorus
Strained- So hopeful in it's sorrow, genius
A Darkness Coming- A gorgeous ballad, one of the best they have delivered!!

Just thought I would stir up some memories for you guys!!

:)

Schism said:
Finally picked up Tonight's Decision (whilst also buying a LFDGD shirt and DAMNATION-great day!!)

After a couple of spins, I must say I am pissed I never picked it up earlier, while not as strong an album as LFDGD, the mood the album conveys is absolutely perfect, a credit to this fine band are the 3 stand-out tracks IMO

Right into the Bliss- love the vocals and defining chorus
Strained- So hopeful in it's sorrow, genius
A Darkness Coming- A gorgeous ballad, one of the best they have delivered!!

Just thought I would stir up some memories for you guys!!

:)

Oh Black Session just stood out too LOL

Tonight's Decision is a greatness, i like it a little bit more than the 2 latest albums. Although i believe that every album of Katatonia has a different style, mood, feelings and i think that's why it's kinda difficult to compare their albums. Still, i love them all :)

My TD's favorites:
I am nothing
A darkness coming (oh jesus, that solo)
For my Demons
Right into the bliss

How could you not have got this album sooner :OMG: It's so amazing isn't it? I love For My Demons, I Am Nothing, Black Session, No Good Can Some Of This and A Darkness Coming the most - but Strained is fantastic too.

Hey, if you didn't have Tonight's Decision, does that also mean you don't have Discouraged Ones? If not, I advise you buy this also...his vocals sound different in this album, as it was their first singing vocals, plus they weren't actaully on peaceville at the time, so the producing has brought about a different sound - but the songs are very amazing from that album.

Omerta said:
Hey, if you didn't have Tonight's Decision, does that also mean you don't have Discouraged Ones? If not, I advise you buy this also...his vocals sound different in this album, as it was their first singing vocals, plus they weren't actaully on peaceville at the time, so the producing has brought about a different sound - but the songs are very amazing from that album.

Yeah you are right, I only got into Katatonia a year ago with the masterpiece LFDGD but haven't got any of their back catalogue, I recently downloaded the track "I saw you Drown" but found it really boooooring, I am going to get another track just to make sure, any other recommendations from DO?????
I am ging to check out some BMD too!!

'For My Demons' is easily my favourite track from TD, and in my top 3 Katatonia tracks.

From DO my favourite is probably 'Deadhouse'. The whales do it!!!

Schism said:
Yeah you are right, I only got into Katatonia a year ago with the masterpiece LFDGD but haven't got any of their back catalogue, I recently downloaded the track "I saw you Drown" but found it really boooooring, I am going to get another track just to make sure, any other recommendations from DO?????
I am ging to check out some BMD too!!

Hey don´t give up on Discouraged Ones because it takes alot of time to let it sink in. I´ve had the album for about 10 months and I´m starting to get into it now after repeated spins the last couple of days.

A brilliant album, to be sure!

My favs are "Strained" (a beautiful chorus that even pop fans can appreciate!) and "Black Session"! The entire album is wonderful!

By the way, does anyone notice the 'nod to MY DYING BRIDE in track 4, "Had to Leave"? The middle section is CLEARLY the opening riff to the Bride's CLASSIC, "The Cry of Mankind"!!!

I remember reading an interview with Katatonia when "DO" was released, and they stated that Aaron of MDB writes the best lyrics and they actually DO copy them ("...creeping with flies..." from 'I Break' is clearly lifted from MDB....I just forget which song).

"1. The Cry Of Mankind

You can't expect to see him and survive
You'll swallow his tongue of thorns
His mouth, dripping with flies
In his glorious kingdom of fire
But I believe he wept
I will make them all lie down
Down where hope lies dying
With lust, you're kicking mankind to death
We live and die without hope
You tramp us down in a river of death
As I stand here now, my heart is black