Tonights feature. Neverheadz thought on Death Angel???

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
I think Death Angel Kicks Ass. I've been listenint to them since the "Ultra violence" and it was pretty damn impressive for teenagers. Anyway, I also liked the Organization and Swarm (spinoff bands from Death Angel). Anyway, they are one of my favorite "thrash/death/bay area bands". I loved all there releases and the latest "THE ART OF DYING" is phenomenol. O.K. Everyone elses turn.

Zane

Death Angel is great, especially live. I saw them a few years ago at the Studio 7 in Seattle with Metal Church. 'The Ultra-Violence' live is just amazing. I saw Swarm as well when they opened for Jerry Cantrell a while back, they closed their set with two Death Angel songs which ruled.

I love them. They kick ass. All we need is for Dark Angel to reform and for the two bands to tour. Too bad the Dark Angel guys hate each other's guts, so they won't reform.

i LOVE death angel.

saw them at the stone on broadway when they opened for megadeth (w/ kerry king). what a memorable show. andy galeon was only 12!

aside from being a great thrash band, they are the nicest, coolest guys around! they're really cute, too.

ms. anthrope said:
no kiddin'. i think it was before you were born. :err:

Sometimes I forget that many of our brothers were not even alive when "Master Of Puppets" and "Reign In Blood" came out. 20 years - ouch.

I first heard Death Angel in '87 when Headbanger's Ball played the video to "Voracious Souls" and loved them since. That dude Rob is a badass guitarist. All Death Angel fans owe thanks to Kirk Hammett because he is the one who put them on the map. San Francisco was the place to be back then.

I'm bored. :cool:

The first time I heard Death Angel was when I saw the video for Bored. I loved it & all my other friends thought it was horrible. But, screw them, I went out & bought everything I could find. My favorite song of theirs is Guilty of Innocence. :headbang:

"Now I have to go to jail
'Cause I can't afford the bail
Judge and jury sure they were fair
Laughing as they cut my hair"

I bet this was a great show!
da_pstr.jpg

I got my friend Death Angel's Archives and Artifacts 3 CD/1 DVD box set. It has the following: THE ULTRA VIOLENCE, FROLIC THROUGH THE PARK, an UNRELEASED TRACKS C.D., & a DVD with videos for "Bored" "Varocious Souls" etc...However, the bonus tracks on The Ultra Violence are supposed to be the original Kill As One demo produced by Kirk Hammet, but they are not. They are songs that are on the unreleased tracks C.D. Anyway, someone at Rhino Records F"d up. Also, my late friend Ronnie saw Death Angel/Forbidden/Sanctuary at Bogart's in Cincinnati, Ohio

What about DA's latest? I love that someone remembered what real punk sounds like...

ACT III is one of the most underrated metal albums of all time! I think they were always a little mis-labeled due to their name because they were much more than just heavy metal.....they had a lot of depth and great songwriting skills to go along with their riffing. I saw them in a small club here in San Diego the same night I saw Killswitch/In Flames and DA really blew me away. They sounded great and had a lot of energy and made it seem like they were playing a party for a few close friends.

yeah Act III is SUPERB and the time I saw them (uhhhh 2 years ago was it? I dun remember) they had loads of energy, and played and played and played and were incredibly tight the whole time.

It must have been on a 9/10 cuz at midnight they got all patriotic and loved america a bit too much, but hey, whateva

buzz21 said:
I saw them in a small club here in San Diego the same night I saw Killswitch/In Flames and DA really blew me away.

Would that be Soma or Brick By Brick??? In Flames at the Brick sounds crazy!

Old skool San Diegan here.