tony harnell quits tnt

genocya7

New Metal Member
Jan 6, 2005
What in the hell is this world coming too....damn damn damn damn...

Norway's Puls Music is reporting that TNT frontman Tony Harnell has officially left the band after a 22-year tenure as the group's lead vocalist. Harnell's statement on the matter read as follows:

"It is with a clear mind and a sad heart that I announce my final departure from TNT but I look forward to all the exciting new challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. It's been an amazing 22 years and we have created some great music together for thousands of faithful fans worldwide. The reasons for me leaving are both personal and professional. It is simply time to open a new chapter in my life in a fresh environment. I wish my former colleagues well in all their future endeavors in life and in music.

"To the fans I wish to express my deepest heartfelt gratitude for your many years of love and support and I hope to take some of you with me on my musical journey forward."

TNT were previously scheduled to record a live DVD at their April 1 gig at club Heineken in Madrid, Spain with director Bernhard Kellerer of the U.K. company iMagic Films Ltd.

TNT played with the Oslo Symphony Orchestra and gospel choir in December 2005 in a performance that was to be recorded and shown on Norway's NRK channel around the holidays. The band reportedly performed the LOUIS ARMSTRONG classic "What A Wonderful World", which appears on the band's latest CD release, "All The Way to the Sun". TNT were named the featured artist at last year's Christmas Special.

TNT's "All the Way to the Sun" entered the official Norwegian album chart at position No. 29 back in mid-November.