Tony Iommi Diagnosed With Early Stages Of Lymphoma

I read about it in FB. I was about to post something but you beat me.

Hope he recovers well and soon :(

From his official website:

Message From Tony
13th January 2012

My fans, friends & colleagues -

I just want to say how overwhelmed I am with all your messages of support, thank you so much.

Well it's not what I wanted for Christmas, that's for sure, but now I can't wait for the test results to come in and get going with the treatment.

It's really good that the guys are coming over so that we can continue working on the album as things are going great in the studio.

Well, not much else to say at this time, so thanks again.

Bless you all,

Tony

Hopefully treatment comes in time, than he has a very good chance to pull through well.
Would be sad if Sabbath would need to cancel summer festivals, as a lot of people want to see the BS-Ozzy reunion ...

Good to hear the new album is proceeding.
I am fully expecting that the tour will get cancelled (at least scaled down to only a few dates).

From the official fan site:

Greetings Earth people,

Today [Jan19th] we got the engines back up and running @ Tony’s home studio. Far from being down and depressed about his lymphoma diagnosis, Tony had already written the music for two new songs, and I must say it has given us all a kick up the rump- it’s great to hear him churning out those riffs again, assuaging the Demon C. Takes more than that to stop Tony. Can’t wait for you all to hear our workings, it has been great working on this stuff.

I want to thank the lovely encouraging emails sent to this site giving Tony love and encouragement and great vibes. It really does help, not only Tony, but us as a band- it raises up our spirits and restores our faith in this tarnished world. Sabb fans are good people, time and again you have proven your faith in us and boosted our endeavour.

Thanks, love, peace.

Geezer