Tony Iommy Rocks!!

zeppelin

pǝƃuɐq ǝq ɹo ƃuɐq
Jun 8, 2004
Johannesburg - South Africa
I always knew he was ahead of his time , I just couldn't figure out why.
That was until I bought Black Sabbath - The Last Supper DVD. I's a DVD on their last performance ( all the original members ).
I normaly don't like it when they talk shit inbetween the songs , but I'm glad they do on this one.
Tony worked in a steelfactory and on his last day on the job , after resigning to start Sabbath , he chopped off the tips of his fingers on a galoteen.
He then made made plugs from wax and then plastic to put on his fingertips.
No wonder he is so fucking good , not only didn't something like that get him down , he could play the fucking guitare 24/7 without getting blisters - imagine that Bryant!
Tony you rock!

zeppelin said:
I always knew he was ahead of his time , I just couldn't figure out why.
That was until I bought Black Sabbath - The Last Supper DVD. I's a DVD on their last performance ( all the original members ).
I normaly don't like it when they talk shit inbetween the songs , but I'm glad they do on this one.
Tony worked in a steelfactory and on his last day on the job , after resigning to start Sabbath , he chopped off the tips of his fingers on a galoteen.
He then made made plugs from wax and then plastic to put on his fingertips.
No wonder he is so fucking good , not only didn't something like that get him down , he could play the fucking guitare 24/7 without getting blisters - imagine that Bryant!
Tony you rock!

I agree on everything above, and what's almost as good is the fact that Iommni was known backintha'day for writing those monster style riffs that everyone and their brother knows, but he became even BETTER with the dawn of the 80's, utilizing a more melodic sound with Ronnie James Dio and Tony Martin. His guitar playing on albums such as Heaven & Hell, The Mob Rules, The Eternal Idol, The Headless Cross, etc., remains a testament to how great he REALLY was!! :worship: