Too quiet...

Drexle

Vinterholic
Sep 15, 2001
It's too quiet in here lately.:zzz:

So here's a question that maybe will get one or two people to perk up.

How did everyone here come to hear of Vintersorg?

I discovered his music when he was mentioned in an article that I clicked on to read about In Flames... jeez, he ended up putting them to utter shame when I looked for his stuff online. :D

I'm guessing that non scandinavians have a similar story to mine, but I'm kind of curious what everyone's story is. How did *you* come across the man and his music?

Funnily enough, it was this forum. I'd been on the UM boards for a while, when this thing appeared- upon reading some of the comments, I decided I'd better check him out. Managed to find Cosmic Genesis at my local shop, am still drooling 4 weeks (I think) later, and in saying this, I listen to it alot- most days at work, and all day too (I'm a computer programmer, and the boss doesn't mind if we have headphones on, listening to music while we code (so long as it doesn't screw us up :D )). Yes, I like my job :lol:

No idea how I'm going to get the other cd's though. I could get them imported, but that's going to be expensive :(

I ordered Till Fjalls and Odemarkens son from www.cdnow.com. Good reliable place, they are. I've ordered many things from them in the past and I have no complaints.

You know, I heard some of the songs on the radio and was so amazed that I went ahead and bought Cosmic Genesis and Till Fjälls. Now I'm just waiting to get the money to buy all the rest of the stuff.

BTW, does anybody have the lyrics to the Otyg song Huldran?

I found out the only way I could back in Newfoundland (absolutely no metal there! Not even CD stores or mags!). I was cruising the internet and saw an MP3 (back when you actually had to look for them, before the days of napster) and the band had an awesome name.....Vintersorg! I downloaded the song "Norrland" and was blown away. I tried to figure out how to get it, and eventually ordered Till Fjalls.

I've discovered Vintersorg thanks to my little brother (who loves black metal and tries to brainwash me with). He was exchanging some audio CD with a friend, and keep saying me "listen to this, listen to that" and I didn't like at all... And one day, the same friend drived me back at home from a party and (it was very late and so on) in his car he plays some Vintersorg CD. I was very tired but I found this wonderful ^O^ and I asked him what it is. After that he lends my brother the CD and it was Ödemarkens Son and HEDNISKHJÄRTAD (dond't look I've copy/paste the title !)... After that I keep listening to Vintersorg all the time and I buy the Cosmic Genesis for my brother (and a little for me too ^o^) last Christmas ! Now I'm looking for Till Fjälls... I've all the mp3 and love this album... I want it !!! I want Otyg Sagovindars boning too...

oups I've write a lot... sorry

Poca

Originally posted by Till Fjalls
I found out the only way I could back in Newfoundland (absolutely no metal there! Not even CD stores or mags!). I was cruising the internet and saw an MP3 (back when you actually had to look for them, before the days of napster) and the band had an awesome name.....Vintersorg! I downloaded the song "Norrland" and was blown away. I tried to figure out how to get it, and eventually ordered Till Fjalls.

I got my daily Vintersorg from this guy ,,,,, he sent me a few mp3's and I like them ,,,, actually couldn't stop listening to them .