8. Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
7. Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Children of the Dark Waters
6. Shade Empire - Sinthetic
5. The Vincent Black Shadow - Fears in the Water
4. The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
3. Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
2. Opeth - Still Life
1. Wintersun - Wintersun

An excellent (and difficult, haha) thread my friend! :) My top ten would be something like this although, since I'm feeling too lazy to attempt to order the selections, haha, they're presented in alphabetical order:

Arkenstone, David - Middle-Earth
Bal-Sagoth - Battle Magic
Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
Elvenking - Heathenreel
Ensiferum - Ensiferum
Equilibrium - Sagas
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - A Virgin And A Whore
Poledouris, Basil - Conan: The Barbarian Original Soundtrack
Stormlord - Supreme Art Of War
Virgin Steele - Invictus

... close enough for the time being, anyway! :cool:

Opeth~ Blackwater Park
Down~ Down II
Pantera~Cowboys From Hell
Emperor~ IX Equilibrium
Bloodbath~ Nightmares Made Flesh
Testament~ the Ritual
Iced Earth~ The Dark Saga
Helloween~ Better Than Raw
Judas Priest~ Sad Wings of Destiny
Robin Trower~ Bridge of Sighs ( not metal, but essential for me nontheless)

A worthy group of artists. Though I must say I prefer Dimmu's Enthrone Darkness Triumphant over PEM. Also the Ensiferum album is probably my number 11 or 12..

Thank you! - Enthrone would probably be my second choice, however, over the years, I have found myself playing Puritanical more than anything else in their catalog and, considering the progression they made from Spiritual to that album, well, it's quite phenomenal, I say! :)

Opeth~ Blackwater Park
Down~ Down II
Pantera~Cowboys From Hell
Emperor~ IX Equilibrium
Bloodbath~ Nightmares Made Flesh
Testament~ the Ritual
Iced Earth~ The Dark Saga
Helloween~ Better Than Raw
Judas Priest~ Sad Wings of Destiny
Robin Trower~ Bridge of Sighs ( not metal, but essential for me nontheless)

What's this, Professor Oak? Someone else lurks the EToS forums? And a fellow Virginian!

Anyway, yet another batch of great albums. Btw, have you heard Opeth's cover of Bridge of Sighs?

What's this, Professor Oak? Someone else lurks the EToS forums? And a fellow Virginian!

Anyway, yet another batch of great albums. Btw, have you heard Opeth's cover of Bridge of Sighs?

indeed i have. but to be honest, the original cannot be touched, not even by opeth. i pull that vinyl out and listen to it regularly. nothing can compare.

I don't buy vinyl at all, for better or for worse, haha :saint: I used to work at an independent record store and, needless to say, vinyl was all the rage there, however, I never really caught on, since nearly everything I like, for one, isn't released on vinyl and, secondly, vinyl isn't as practical for listening, at least to me personally.

i believe it. i dont have any Boston i dont think. most of my vinyl has been purchased based on chance. perhaps fate will grace me with a copy so that i can see what you mean.