Top JIMI?!?!?

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
How bout some props for JIMI HENDRIX?!?!? I just dug out my Hendrix cd's today (haven't played them in a LOOOOOOOONG time) and I am in love with him again. I guess I got burnt out on him over the years. But for some reason I woke up today humming "Wait Til Tomorrow" and had to get my fix. Great stuff. I listened to Band Of Gypsies and Are You Experienced and I won't say Hendrix is the greatest ever but what I think really kicks ass is his TONE. He has some serious tone that's distorted but yet clean...I dunno, I just really got back into him today. I will go out on a limb here and say that a lot of METAL comes from Hendrix....What do y'all have to say?
Ted

For his time he was the greatest even Clapton and others can attest to that so therefore he can be considered the greatest of all time because almost everything that is done today evolved from his playing over the years... including metal...

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
You know, I'd listen to those Hendrix albums alot more if they didn't sound like they were recorded in a garbage can. Too bad he didn't live long enough to create his art with modern day production technology.

Time to buy the remasters bro'... they sound fine to me!