Tornado of Souls SOLO - Video

MetalSteph

Sep 14, 2001
Chris - You're awesome. This video makes me so jealous I don't get to see Megadeth with you until you hit the states.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if it's just me, but the more & more videos I see surfacing now ( seen some new ones posted on Blabbermouth yet again today ) - I'm definitely seeing a big difference in Chris compared to the first night's YouTube stuff. Chris is definitely looking much more comfortable and loose not only nailing the solos with mind-boggling "shredding" but really is bringing some much needed energy and performance to Megadeth. Having checked out some vids and seeing them the first year out on Gigantour ( and I know Dave is kinda confined behind the mic and playing guitar ) - I really thought maybe they were lacking a bit of energy and showmanship. Great to see Chris pumping up & interacting with crowd and Dave making use of Chris' backing vox skills!
Definitely making me look forward to seeing them as well and I keep contemplating the fanclub membership, unfortuanately Chris probably does not benefit much from it, but I've been tempted with the "guess how many Chris Broderick guitar picks" and win and auction items, etc. Makes me wonder what I'm missing. I may have to break down and check it out. Anyone have any more scoops on this?

Its amazing how fast Chris learned the material considering the time period he had to learn it. This new version of Deth has been nothing but inspirational, I look forward to seeing a show and possibly hearing new material. Sleepwalker even sounds more vicious live, and kick the chair is fucking rocking man! looking forward to the future.

Chris is definitely looking much more comfortable and loose

Absolutely!!! I've also started to notice that, finally, solos are being played yet again with feeling!!!...something that was laking in Megadeth last albums after Marty parted away. Not only that, but if you hear the original solos, they are basically identical now! :p

Man...This last Megadeth albums just got out, and I'm already impatient for the next one, knowing that Chris will be involved in it.

I don't know how are the Megadeth "rules" in song composition, but I'm just trilled to see Chris on the band...one of the firsts, 7 stringer's generation guitarist, with an impeccable technique, mind blowing and expressive solos...joining an old-Metal band, Now!...when the "guitar-thing" is rising again...after the near-death it had with the ascension of grunge and out-of-tune crappy music it brought with it.

Just imagine an old-Metal band with new generation lead solos.

Go, go Chris!

You know, I would have never thought that there will be a Megadeth guitarist again that could step up to Marty or even surpass him. As great as guys like Pitrelli and Drover are, there was always something making you miss Marty. Chris is the first one that, I believe, has what it takes to step out of the enormous shadow of Marty Friedman.