Touring USA in February/March 2011 (Supporting Cradle of Filth)

Cari

Jul 7, 2008
Along with releasing a new album, Turisas is to join Cradle of Filth on a US tour in February-March 2011. The other supporting bands on this tour are Nachtmystium (USA) and Daniel Lioneye (FIN). Mainland Europe and UK shows will be following close behind, details to be announced shortly; 2011 is looking to be one long road trip!

Warlord Nygård comments:

"After a 16-month break from touring, focusing fully on the work on our third album, I'm happy to tell you that we're DONE! The workload has been enormous, and at times I've wished I'd known better, formed a punk rock band and kept things simple! But to achieve real progress, you really have to dig deep and see what you're made of. Take bites so big, you almost choke. We've stayed true to our ideology of releasing music only when we have something new to come out with, not repeating ourselves or just copying what we've done in the past to feed the market. Now that we're done with studios, we're all extremely excited to get back on the road again, and as our latest visit to North America is long overdue, coming over in January with Cradle is something we're all very much looking forward to. We had a great time touring with them in Europe in 2009, so this should be killer! Now we only have to figure out how to play these new songs!!"

Already earlier this fall, TURISAS offered the public some new material as the band released the digital-only single “Supernaut”, a cover of a classic Black Sabbath song. The track, originally recorded for a special Sabbath tribute album by Metal Hammer UK, is now available on all digital European, North American and Australian platforms, for example http://www.itunes.com/turisas

TURISAS touring schedule in 2011 is shaping up as follows:

Creatures from The Black Abyss Tour

- w/ Cradle Of Filth, Nachtmystium, Daniel Lioneye

29.1. Mexico City, MX @ Circo Volador (w/ Cradle Of Filth)
1.2. Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live
2.2 Dallas, TX @ Palladium Ballroom
4.2. Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
5.2. Pomona, CA @ Fox Theater
6.2. Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
8.2. Los Angeles, CA @ Club Nokia Live
9.2. San Francisco, CA@ Regency Ballroom
11.2. Seattle, WA @ Showbox Theater
12.2. Spokane, WA @ Knitting Factory
13.2. Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
15.2. Edmonton, AB @ Events Center
16.2. Calgary, AB @ MacEwan Hall Ballroom
18.2. Englewood, CO @ Gothic Theatre
20.2. Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
21.2. Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
22.2. Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall (NEW DATE)
23.2. Pittsburgh, PA @ Club Zoo
25.2. Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
26.2. Toronto, ON @ The Phoenix Concert Theater (VENUE CHANGE)
27.2. Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
28.2. Quebec City, QC @ Imperial de Quebec
2.3. Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
3.3. New York, NY @ Best Buy Theater
4.3. Worcester, MA @ Palladium
5.3. Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
6.3. Baltimore, MD @ Bourbon Street Ballroom
8.3. Norfolk, VA @ Norva Theatre
9.3. Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel
11.3. Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution
12.3. Orlando, FL @ Firestone
13.3. Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade

it's too soon to say! Honestly, i would only go for Turisas, but arrrgh i don't know about going to Mexico City...
maybe... I think I might :heh:

hei, i also went just for Turisas when they played with CoF in NL...but Daniel Lioneye isnt that bad either imo, could be worse ^^

it's not that, it's the going to Mexico city part lol
but i think i will, my brother wants to go too

actually, he just wants to spend the weekend in Mexico city :p
j/k
from what i've seen on the internetz, a lot of people are really looking forward to seeing just Turisas in mexico :cool:

I can make about 3 of those tour dates. The timing could not be better. I am hoping Turisas will fill the few spare days with headliner shows. I am also hoping there is enough merchendise to go around. First date I can make is Philadelphia and that's already far into the tour. This end of 2010 is VERY busy for me (school, work, kids, mortguage, kids' school, buying christmas gifts), but next year, it's all fun an parties.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

I managed to find a few friends who were just as eager to make a road trip to see Turisas as I am (since they double booked the Finnish Metal tour with Ensiferum and Finntroll on the same date in my city), so we solved our problem by purchasing tickets in another city. I'm looking forward to this show, although I'm not looking forward to the three hour drive home afterwards.

Dude, do yourself a favor and find a place to sleep. Heck, sleep in your car with your warpaint still on! I did that kind of thing, a three hour drive back after a Kivimetsan Druidi show. I had more than a few close calls driving back home. It's just not worth the risk.

cheers,

Hmmm...I see a trip to New York in my future! Shame the tour doesn't run back to front, I would have liked to see the band in Vegas but I can't be out of the country before the beginning of March. Luckily there are a bunch of dates just around my birthday too. Time for some more plotting and planning.

Now there is a new date for mexico ..the next day in Teatro Cavaret in Guadalajara

Too sad for me my city is not in the list (thank you to all drugs traficants and pseudo metal fans to kill the scene!) but well..im planing the tripp(war paint included), i think ill stay all the week in the city to see Finntroll and Ensiferum as well :p

im calm now but i was running and screaming histerically when heard the news hahaha ..so i can no miss it ;)

I was wondering about that date in Guadalajara.

CoF has confirmed on their website, but I'd like to be sure about Turisas before I make any travel arrangements...
(I'd rather go to GDL!)
So...is Turisas playing in Guadalajara too??

silent_night, where are you from?

Hi ana sorry for the late reply ..im from Monterrey kinda far from capital hu? ill make my arragments to Mexico city since i yhave many friends there and ill take vacations, Dilemma is the promotor for both concerts, Mexico City and Gdl, they anounced Turisas for both dates in their fb, and since Guadalajara is the day after Mexico i dont think there is a problem. Check with them anyway if you want to be really sure

Thanks for your reply!
I didn't know about the promoter's fb, but if it's tere, must be true! :D
I still don't know which I'm attending; I'm going with my brother so we have to agree on it haha

Monterrey is really cool!! I lived there for a couple of years until recently :) Sucks what's going on there now, though

haha okeys, yeah is too sad life here lately, but well at least Grave is coming yeii finally some metal on this lands
..btw if want, join to our myspace page :p we are on the top friends of the band's space XD we need moarr ppl

Dude, do yourself a favor and find a place to sleep. Heck, sleep in your car with your warpaint still on! I did that kind of thing, a three hour drive back after a Kivimetsan Druidi show. I had more than a few close calls driving back home. It's just not worth the risk.

cheers,

I don't think the Canadian winters are conducive to sleeping in a car overnight. :lol:
We're all too broke to afford a hotel room unless we absolutely have to, and unfortunately we don't know anyone to stay with either.
But a solution has been found.