Trailer of KONTAGION debut album I've mixed and mastered :) (FF like stuff)

Urgul

Jun 6, 2007
Poland
www.soundclick.com
KONTAGION posted short trailer of their debut album I've mixed and mastered in my IX Studio. Check them out, dudes! :) It's a great band. They are looking for a label now, hope they'll find one soon because they deserve it IMO :D

Any opinions much appreciated ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Snare´s sound seems to be a bit "distracting" as it´s not sounding the way I expected to be due to that metal genre, I feel it like it´s completely raw while the rest of the kit sounds processed.
In terms of vocal production, I´d put a lot of fx in the vox trying to mask that poor execution, and also that genre accepts such a big amount of fx without sounding out of context.

Thanks for your input and tips, guys :) I'm grateful.
Unfortunately the band wanted vocals to be completely raw. When I put some dealy on it they immediately requested to remove it :/ There was a lot of discussion why I have to use delay before they agreed to put a light one on them... Yeah, I know vocals are poor sounding but I really couldn't do anything about it. The same situation as for the snare - I tried a lot of samples (Slate, Lasse, etc.) but this one is the only one they wanted to be in the mix (and it's Slate's ToneDef snare by the way).

God it would be nice if musicians would get off this raw production obsession. They are clearly
influenced by industrial metal, do they really think that sound just 'happens'!