TRANSCENDING MORTALITY's first Sydney Northern Beaches show!

Relax. At no point did he say boop and/or baskia would be there, nor anything about abortions.
This one redeems the name and makes it fit for application to non-slaggy humans once more.

Another awesome set from the guys!!
Can't remember the actual order of the set list (maybe you can post it Shane?)
but it was a good mix of old songs, new ones and a couple of covers.
Love the venue it is a great room and so hidden all the way out there in Manly.Good to see a good turnout(for such a remote area) and proof that there is a market for metal everywhere.Hope to do something again there sometime in the future.
Big thanks too goes out to the die hard TM fans that made the long trek from all areas over the other side of Sydney to support the boys.
I hope you had a good time as i hope the band did as well.:headbang:
Next chance to catch the boys live is the Manning Bar on Sat Aug 23rd.
2 whole months so you better be enthusiastic by the time it comes around and don't miss them! It's a birthday too so i need all in attendence!:)
p.s. Strangest part of the night was meeting a girl from Turkey who knew of TM and said her sister can play "Into the light" on guitar back in Turkey!!
She was quite excited to see the band and also posed for photos with the band!!Great to see the band getting some random exposure overseas.Hope she stays true to her word and wears her new TM shirt all round Turkey as she promised!:headbang:
p.p.s Also props out there to ANNO DOMINI who opened the show and i thought sounded and played really well.I may be biased though?hahaha

The diversity of the Transcending Mortality set was a definite highlight. It's good to see the band haven't condemned their TLH material to Limbo and were even willing to fire up for an encore :kickass: I was pretty fucking drunk so take this with a grain or twelve of salt but to my ears it sounded like they've adapted to playing the early songs as a four-piece without ever sounding thin or forced like it did at times when I first heard them playing without Jono at The Harp.

The low-light of the set to me was the turn-out as far as numbers but it was at least a quality-over-quantity crowd ;) The overall experience on the night was tops and even though it may seem like Manly is a pain in the arse to get to compared to the other regular metal venues I'd strongly recommend getting a group together for the next one and making an epic adventure out of it.

p.s. Strangest part of the night was meeting a girl from Turkey who knew of TM and said her sister can play "Into the light" on guitar back in Turkey!!
She was quite excited to see the band and also posed for photos with the band!!Great to see the band getting some random exposure overseas.Hope she stays true to her word and wears her new TM shirt all round Turkey as she promised!
It didn't take much to convince her to come to the M.E. 5 year gig too so I'd say the band left a good impression.

PS: She said the highlight of the set by far was the intro to Into The Light ;)

Not the best turnout ever but i had a lot fun anyway!

The setlist was:
Path to Childhoods End
Twilight
Broken Vows (Pentagram cover)
The Mirrors Eye
Into the Light
Samarithan (Candlemass cover)
Beyond Remembrance

I wish we had gotten Ferrets amazing acoustic rendition of the intro to Into the Light on video!

FUCKEN CUNT! Had to leave as into the light was starting, it was that or catch the nightride home or ferrets "mostly legal taxi." I was about to say fuck it and run in, but the one of my mates said the nighrtide on satuirday was fucked. So yeah, Amanda told me Ferret was on stage, made me more pissed off. Fuck! Pentagram cover was cool too! Good night, finish 30 mins earlier next time! Stupid sean getting drunk and making me leave early! Good gig! Turkey girl was awesome!

Some pics from the camera of the mighty Watto!:headbang:

tmlive.jpg

tmlive2.jpg

TMTheFishos.jpg

tmcrowd.jpg

tmcrowd2.jpg

TMFishos.jpg

crazy.jpg

I have no idea how I managed to take reasonable photo's in the condition my viking alter ego and myself was in. Druuunnnkk