TREAT: 30 year anniversary....and it's over

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
An AOR band whose last album Coup De Grace was one of Glenn's favorites of 2010 (read more about that in this thread)...

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/196564 :

Legendary Swedish melodic rockers TREAT are celebrating their 30th anniversary this year, and will release a special anniversary package, containg a best of album with two brand new songs, and two previously unreleased songs, as well as their latest album Coup de Grace.

Treat also plan to tour, starting with some major festival gigs in the summer, and more dates through the fall. Then it's over... for good.

"We have a saying in Sweden - 'You should always leave the party when you're having the most fun," says guitarist and songwriter Anders Wikström, who formed the band back in 1983 together with singer Robert Ernlund.

Treat say they want to, "end on a high note". "We're doin' it out of love and respect for our fans," says Wikström. "We quit before they ask us to get the hell out. We want Treat's legacy to be pure rock 'n' roll happiness! We're going out with a bang and will give our fans a ride they didn't even know they wanted."

Treat also introduces a new bass player, Fredrik Thomander, who's been close to the band for years, has been co-writing songs with the band, mixed Coup de Grace and has done some gigs already with the band.

Treat plan to take you on a turbo charged rock 'n' roll journey in 2013 .

"We wanna party with our fans," says Robert Ernlund and adds: "The Treat's on us!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this earlier. I like the best of package, mainly because I never did pick up the physical release of Coup de Grace.

As for them calling it quits...well, we shall see how long that lasts!

Saw them at Sweden Rock. GREAT performers and tight as hell on harmonies. I will miss them dearly! Coup De Grace is one of my favorite discs in that genre. I can listen (and have listened) to it over an over again without tiring of it. Paper Tiger is likely one of my top 20 songs of all time.

Coup de Grace was killer. Too bad they want to stop now. But maybe they'll change their minds, like Scorpions who yesterday announced they're not quitting after all and will release a couple more albums.