trent is back and better than ever

Found the new track. It's a mix of the softer simplistic less layered side(like the last cd) and the more sporadic violent side with a very clean production(like the last cd)

gonna be a goodin

link plz..

And I'm still confuzzled that he is ready to put a new album out so fast. But I don't dare doubt the Great Rez. :worship:

Whoa!! Let's all calm down a bit.

@Kev..I think Survivalism has potential. Give it a few more listens. The other track..meh..maybe. I'm sure there will be a few hidden gems on YZ.

@Vince..no sir, that would be Manson. Now if your talkin METROsexual...maybe :lol:

I need to give it some more listens before judging as well. Right now I don't see a big enough change in musical direction. But trent is getting old so it's pretty much just good to hear more nin. I don't think he will ever out do downward or even the fragile but the concept of the cd sounds very intriguing. I'll still end up buying it and enjoying the hell out of it.

I think there were a few weak songs(getting smaller, the collector) for nin standards on the last cd as well as some that were up there with some of the best stuff he's done(all the love in the world, everday is exactly the same, right where it belongs)

He's not done yet. Sure we all love the old NIN stuff but his vision in music is astounding. I like the way he deviates from past recordings. I can see him putting out good shit for at least another 10 years.

I think the man is a musical genius. What I was trying to say is due to his age he's already been through his most self defining stages of his life, and we shouldn't expect such huge changes but we do, and also it's hard to live up to the standards he already built for himself. There has always been huge musical changes until with teeth. Took 6 years for with teeth and it was kinda like the fragile b-sides(besides the 3 tracks I listed earlier) and this one kinda sounds the same so far. Don't get me wrong I still really like with teeth because it's better than most music put out. All I ask is for a few gems like the last cd and i'll be totally happy. Plus this is gonna be a double concept cd which is the most ambitious thing he's done in a while. Look's like he learned his lesson about putting out double cds as one package(most people won't sit through two cds if they're "double disc") but again I personally love the fragile. That cd was destined to fail "commercially" even before he wrote it coming off the success of downward, even though it prolly sold a shitload.

He took a long time off from music so he's prolly just getting back into the swing of things. Either way I hope to hear new NIN for at least another 10 years.

Ack!! You got me confused on a couple different levels. Double concept cd? Is there gonna be a follow-up release?
To be honest I thought With Teeth sounded a lil more like the old NIN..
The Fragile is gold..hands down.
The last 2 tracks on WT..Beside You In Time and Right Where It Belongs are the only ones that sound like cast-off Fragile tracks..but they are great also.
I do agree, however, the man is a musical genius. I'm glad there are people out there like him and Steven Wilson (for eg.) that continue to keep pushing the boundaries of our sonic pleasure...much like Katatonia!! :headbang:

"Reznor also hinted that "Year Zero" would be the first of two concept albums."

NM I'm guessing there will be another album following it soon that's a different concept altogether.