TRENT REZNOR Says He's Ready To Take A Break From Touring

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, NINE INCH NAILS frontman Trent Reznor says he's ready to take a break from live work after being on the road for a year behind the band's latest album, "Hesitation Marks", as well as with his other act, HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS, before that. Reznor told Rolling Stone, "I'm not deeply involved in anything at the moment. I just want to center myself and see what feels exciting. It won't be touring for a while. I've found as I've gotten older that, you know, between this and HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS, I've been out for 18 months. That's enough. I'm ready to wake up in the same location for a while."NINE INCH NAILS' most recent tour paired the group with SOUNDGARDEN for a U.S. summer run.Next up for Reznor is "Gone Girl", the new thriller for which he and Atticus Ross composed the soundtrack.The film, which stars Ben Affleck and opens on Friday (October 3), is the pair's third score for director David Fincher, following "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" and their Oscar-winning work on "The Social Network".Reznor called the film "uncompromising," adding, "I felt it was a surprisingly nasty film on a few levels — the parody side of it, the commentary on society and the media right now, the rumination on marriage."The "Gone Girl" soundtrack is available now at iTunes, after Reznor posted several portions of it online.

More...